- 1 Reasons For Funding Bank Accounts With Credit Cards
- 2 Bank Accounts That Can Be Funded With Credit Cards
- 2.1 1st Mariner Bank
- 2.2 Arizona State Credit Union
- 2.3 Associated Bank
- 2.4 BBVA Compass
- 2.5 Blue Hills Bank
- 2.6 Chase Bank
- 2.7 Chartway Federal Credit Union
- 2.8 Citizens Bank
- 2.9 Consumers Credit Union (Ridgewood)
- 2.10 Elevations Credit Union
- 2.11 First Citizen’s Bank
- 2.12 FirstMerit Bank
- 2.13 First National Bank
- 2.14 First Niagara Bank
- 2.15 First Tennessee Bank
- 2.16 GTE Financial
- 2.17 Key Bank
- 2.18 MountainOne Bank
- 2.19 Northpointe Bank
- 2.20 Northwest Savings Bank
- 2.21 Ocean First Bank
- 2.22 Pinnacle Bank
- 2.23 PNC
- 2.24 Radius Bank
- 2.25 Regions Bank
- 2.26 Santander Bank
- 2.27 Star One Credit Union
- 2.28 SunTrust Bank
- 2.29 TD Bank
- 2.30 U.S. Bank
- 2.31 Wells Fargo
- 3 Bank Accounts That Can’t Be Funded With Credit Cards
- 4 Credit Card Funding Unknown For These Banks
- 5 Popular Bank Promotions You May Like:
You can fund a bank account with a credit card when opening a Checking/Savings account for SOME banks.
Helpful pages pertaining to bank promotions:
- My Bank Promotions List
- Soft Vs. Hard Inquiries When Opening Bank Accounts
- Methods Of Meeting Direct Deposit Requirements
- Banks With No ATM Fees Overseas
Reasons For Funding Bank Accounts With Credit Cards
- To meet opening deposit requirements for new Checking/Savings account promotions.
- To help with credit card spending to meet a new credit card’s requirement for a sign-up bonus.
- To meet the minimum deposit requirement for new accounts and earn rewards on a credit card at the same time.
Bank Accounts That Can Be Funded With Credit Cards
- Call customer service to set your Cash Advance limit on your credit card to $0 to avoid getting hit with a Cash Advance Fee.
- The table below shows which credit cards have categorized the funds as a regular Purchase or as a Cash Advance. This doesn’t mean you have to use these cards to fund – it’s more of just proof/reports that it’s possible.
- Citi credit cards are notorious for coding these transactions as Cash Advances!
Disclaimer: The data in the table below was taken from reports of several consumers from popular forums and blogs, so there’s no guarantee.
|Bank/Credit Union||As A Purchase||As A Cash Advance||Funding Info||Promo|
|PenFed Platinum Visa 1, Schwab 1||Bank of America 1, Barclaycard Arrival, Chase Rapid Rewards, Citi AA||Fund up to $2500. Amex card not accepted.|
|Unknown||Unknown||Fund up to $2500. Amex card not accepted.|
|Barclay Arrival, Chase Freedom, Citi Double Cash||Fund up to $200. Amex card not accepted.||Promo|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred||BofA Alaska, Barclay Priceline and Chase Hyatt cards showing as cash advance.||Fund up to $5000 with a CSP card.||Promo|
|Barclay Arrival, Barclay Miles & More||Fund up to $1000.|
|Seems like most are getting marked as Cash Advances now||Citi ThankYou Premier, PenFed Rewards, Visa, Barclay Arrival Plus, Barclay Sallie Mae, Barclay US Airways, Capital One cards, Chase cards||You can fund up to $500.||Promo|
|BoA Alaska Airways, Chase Freedom , US Bank Club Carlson||Fund up to $1500.|
|BoA Alaska Airways, BoA Travel Rewards, Chase Freedom||Fund up to $1000.||Promo|
|Chase Freedom, Chase Hyatt, Citi Double Cash, Schwab Visa||Citi AAdvantage 1||Fund up to $1000.|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred||Fund up to $10000.|
|Barclay Sallie Mae, Chase Sapphire Preferred||Fund up to $1000.||Promo|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred||Fund up to $10000.||Promo|
|Amex Everyday, Amex Mercedes Benz Platinum. Appears all payment networks accepted.||Fund up to $499||Promo|
|Barclay Arrival 1, Capital One MasterCard1, Capital One Venture 1, 2, Chase Freedom 1, 2, Chase Sapphire Preferred 1, Chase Southwest 1, US Bank 1||All Citi Cards 1, Discover 1, 2||Fund up to $1000. AMEX is not accepted.||Promo|
|Chase Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Double Cash||Fund up to $300.||Promo|
|Chase 1||Fund up to $215.||Promo|
|Chase Freedom 1, 2, 3, Chase Sapphire Preferred 1, Citi Premier 1||Fund up to $100.||Promo|
|Discover||Chase||Fund up to $1000.||Promo|
|Fund up to $100 with credit/debit card||Promo|
|Barclaycard Arrival, Barclaycard Priceline Card, Chase IHG||Fund up to $1000||Promo|
|Chase||Fund up to $2500.||Promo|
|Capital One Spark, Chase Hyatt, Chase Ink Bold, Chase Ritz Carlton, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase United , Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, Fidelity||Fund up to $5000.||Promo|
|BoA Alaska Airlines, BoA Cash Rewards, Chase Freedom, Chase Ink Plus, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Southwest, Chase United, Citi Premier||Barclay Arrival & Barclay US Airways, Capital One 1||Fund up to $2,000 with a Visa or Mastercard.||Promo|
|Citi Double Cash, Barclay Wyndham, Priceline||Fund up to $1000.|
|Chase Marriott 1, Chase Southwest 1, Citi Double Cash||Fund up to $1000.||Promo|
|Barclays NFL, Chase Freedom, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase United||Citi MasterCard, Citi Prestige 1, Discover 1||Fund up to $500 with a Visa or Mastercard.||Promo|
|Citi Premier, Chase BA Avios||Fund up to $1000.|
|Priceline Visa 1, Citi||Barclay US Airways 1||Fund up to $1000.||Promo|
|Fund up to $300||Promo|
|BoA Alaska Airlines, BoA Virgin Atlantic, Barclay Arrival, Barclay Aviator, Capital One Quicksilver, Capital One Venture, Chase Brit Airways, Chase Freedom, Chase Hilton, Chase United, Chase Southwest, Citi HHonors Reserve, Citi Prestige, Discover 1||Fund up to $500.||Promo|
|BoA Alaska Airlines, Chase Ink, Chase Sapphire||All Citi Cards 1, Discover 1||Fund up to $50 with Visa or Mastercard.||Promo|
Bank Accounts That Can’t Be Funded With Credit Cards
People have reported that the banks below don’t allow credit card funding when opening an account.
Credit Card Funding Unknown For These Banks
|A+ Federal Credit Union (A+FCU)||AAA||Advance Financial Federal Credit Union (AFFCU)|
|Aero Federal Credit Union||American Enterprise Bank||AmeriCU Credit Union|
|AnchorBank||Andrews Federal Credit Union||Arizona Central Credit Union|
|American Savings Bank (ASB) Hawaii||Ballston Spa National Bank (BSNB)||Bank Of Lees Summit|
|BankOrion||BankWell||Belmont Savings Bank|
|BHCU||BiddefordSavings||BMI Federal Credit Union|
|Bridgeview Bank Group||BrightStar Credit Union||Camden National Bank|
|Capital Bank||Charter Oak||CommonWealth Credit Union|
|Community Alliance Credit Union||Connex Credit Union||Credit Union of Ohio|
|Credit Union of Texas||Darien Rowayton Bank||Eastern Bank|
|East Cambridge Savings Bank||Fidelity Bank||First Nebraska Educators Credit Union|
|First Commonwealth Bank||First Federal Bank of Wisconsin||First Jersey Credit Union|
|Florida Community Bank||Flushing Bank||FNCB|
|Focus Bank||Fremont Bank||Garden Savings Federal Credit Union|
|Heartland Credit Union||HomeTrust Bank||Hopewell Federal Credit Union|
|Integrity Bank||Landmark Credit Union||LGE Community Credit Union|
|Liberty Bank||Liberty Bank For Savings||Los Angeles Federal Credit Union|
|Macatawa Bank||Marquette Bank||Members Source Credit Union|
|Memphis City ECU (MCECU)||Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union||MidWestOne Bank|
|Middlesex Bank||Monroe Bank & Trust (MBT)||Mountain America Credit Union|
|North Community Bank||Numerica Credit Union||Old National Bank|
|Oritani Bank||Penn Community Bank||Power Financial Credit Union|
|Progessions Credit Union||Pulaski Bank||Real Peoples Bank|
|Ridgewood Savings Bank||Peoples Bank||Public Service Credit Union|
|SB1 Federal Credit Union||Security Service Federal Credit Union||Signature Bank of Georgia|
|SIS Bank||Sound Credit Union||Southland Credit Union|
|South Shore Bank||Spartan Federal Credit Union||Spire Credit Union|
|Stanford Federal Credit Union||State Employees Credit Union (SECU) Of Maryland||Suburban Bank & Trust (SBT)|
|Synovus Bank||Telhio Credit Union||TobyHanna FCU|
|TIAA Direct||Trustco Bank||TruMark Financial|
|Water And Power Community Credit Union (WPCU)||WaterStone Bank||Watertown Savings Bank|
|Wescom Credit Union||Westfield Bank||WestTown Bank & Trust|
|Valley Bank||Vibrant Credit Union||Zeal Credit Union|
Popular Bank Promotions You May Like:
- Capital One 360 Review: $50 And $1000 Bonus Promotions!
- TD Bank Promotion: $150 & $300 Checking Account Bonuses
- EverBank Review: Checking, Money Market, CD Promotions And Bonuses
- Best Chase Coupons, Promo Codes, Offers October 2016
- KeyBank Review: $200, $250, $300, $400 Promotions
- Northpointe Bank Review: $50 Bonus And 5% APY Checking!
- Santander Bank Review: $150, $300, $400, $500 Bonuses!
- PNC Bank Review: $400, $300, $200, $100 Promotions!
- BBVA Compass Bank Checking, Savings, CD Account Promotions
- SunTrust Bank Review: $100, $200, $300 Promotions!
- Citibank Review: $300-$1000 Checking/Savings Promotions!
- Regions Bank Review: $200,$250,$300,$350 Bonuses
*Please share any personal experience you have on using credit cards to fund an account opening by commenting below. Thanks!