Columbia Bank often offers sign-up bonuses for their Checking and Savings accounts and we’ll update those offers here. Current offer is a $200 checking bonus with a minimum $1,000 direct deposit.
- Update 9/24/23: The $200 checking bonus increased to $300.
Established in 1926 as Columbia Savings and Loan Association, Columbia Bank got its current name in 1995 and is headquartered in Fair Lawn, New Jersey. They’ve grown to nearly 50 locations in the New Jersey and New York regions.
We’ll review the current offers below.
Columbia Bank Up To $200 Checking Bonus
- What you’ll get: Up to $200
- Where it’s available: NJ, NY
- How to earn it:
- $200 for opening an Advantage Plus Checking Account and verified qualifying direct deposit transactions that total at least $1,000
- $100 for making 10 qualifying POS debit card transactions (not including ATM withdrawals)
- When it expires: None listed
Waive The Monthly Fee
Conduct 10 POS debit card transactions per statement cycle or maintain a $500 minimum daily balance and you can waive your monthly service fee. Are you 22 or under? The daily minimum balance is waived for customers ages 22 years & younger.
- The $150 will be credited to your account within 60 days after they have determined that you satisfied the direct deposit requirement.
- Only one new account $150 credit will be made in total for qualifying direct deposit activity to this account within the first 60 days of account opening.
- The $50 credit will be credited to your account within 60 days after they have determined that you have satisfied the 10 qualifying POS debit card transaction requirement.
- Only one new account $50 credit will be made in total for the qualifying Advantage Plus debit card activity.
- A “qualifying POS debit card transaction” is any Columbia Bank Debit Card transaction that requires either a signature or PIN at the point-of-sale.
- Please note that ATM withdrawals and online bill payments are not considered qualifying POS debit card transactions.
- Total $200 per person: If you have ever received a new account opening bonus in the past, you are not eligible for either of the cash bonuses even if you open a new Advantage Plus Checking Account.
- You are permitted to receive only one of each of these new account bonuses irrespective of the number or type of checking accounts you open.
- To receive any of the aforementioned new account bonuses, the account must still be open at the time we are ready to credit the funds and at all times the account was in good standing.
- The new account cash bonuses will be reported as interest to the IRS on form 1099-INT.
[Expired] Columbia Bank $300 Business Checking Bonus
Earn a $300 bonus for a new Business Checking account with this offer from Columbia Bank.
- Offer has no set expiration date and may end at any time
- Business Free and Business Analysis Checking Accounts are eligible for the offer
- Offer available in NJ, NY
- Direct Deposit is not required for the bonus
- Application will trigger a Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
How To Earn The $300 Bonus
- You will receive a one-time $300 cash credit to your New Business Free Checking Account or New Business Analysis Checking Account after they have verified that your account has a minimum balance of $10,000 on the date your account has been opened for six months.
- The $300 will be credited to your account within 60 days after they have determined that you satisfied the above requirements.
Business Free Checking
Basic business free checking is a non-interest bearing account that allows up to 1,000 free monthly transactions.
Business Analysis Checking
A comprehensive checking account with added services like ACH, wires & Positive Pay fraud detection
- A bonus will be offered for new Business Free Checking or New Business Analysis Checking accounts.
- Customers with existing Business Free Checking or Business Analysis Checking are not eligible for this new account bonus.
- Only one $300 credit will be made in total to either the New Business Free Checking or Business Analysis Checking account.
- You are permitted to receive only one bonus irrespective of the number of New Business Free Checking accounts/Business Analysis Checking Accounts you open.
- To receive the bonus, the account must be open at the time they are ready to credit the funds and at all times the account must be in good standing.
- Cash rewards will be reported to the IRS on a 1099-INT.
- Please consult your tax advisor concerning the reporting of payments as interest on accounts and for the cash rewards.
- Minimum deposit of $50 to open an account.
- New money and new customers only.
- Money transferred from another Columbia Bank account is not eligible.