- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Rakuten Offers
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
If you’re buying things on the Internet – and you’re not using Rakuten – then you’re throwing your money away. Formally known as Ebates, the site gives you up to 40% cash back on purchases at over 2,500 stores.
It’s free to use, and you don’t have to deal with points, fees or forms.
Let’s take a closer look at current Rakuten offers below.
Rakuten $20 Sign-Up Bonus
Get a $20 bonus when you sign up for a new Rakuten account and make at least $20 in purchases within the first 90 days.
Choose to receive your bonus as a Walmart gift card or Rakuten credit. Use our referral link below for your initial $20 bonus (thanks ahead of time!).
Everyone is welcome to leave their referral details in the comments section below.
How To Earn The Bonus
- Use our referral link above to go to the Rakuten site where you will see a pop up box to register for a new account.
- Choose how you want your bonus, as a Walmart gift card or Rakuten credit.
- Fill out the rest of the form and click “Join Now.”
- Make at least $20 in purchases within the first 90 days of joining.
- Receive your $20 bonus.
Rakuten $20 Referral Offer
Earn a $20 bonus credit for every person that signs up for a new Rakuten account using your referral link and spends at least $20 within their first 90 days as a member. Each of your referrals will also receive $20 for joining.
There’s no limit to how many referral bonuses you can earn, but you must have a Rakuten account in order to participate. Rakuten routinely updates with new special referral promotions throughout the year where you can earn more.
How To Earn The Bonus
- Sign into your Rakuten account and visit the Refer-A-Friend page.
- Send your unique referral link to everyone you know by email, text or social media.
- Receive a $20 bonus for each person that:
- Registers for a new Rakuten account using your referral link, and
- Makes at least $20 in purchases within their first 90 days as a member.
- You must be a member to participate in the referral program.
- Your referrals must be new to Rakuten.
- Your referral bonus may take up to 60 days after your referral’s qualifying purchase.
- There is no limit to how many referral bonuses you can earn.
- Rakuten reserves the right to withhold, deny or cancel any bonuses and/or rewards and/or terminate your account if the company deems any bonus and/or reward as fraudulent, abusive, unethical, suspicious or otherwise inconsistent with the referral program terms.
- Rakuten reserves the right to suspend or terminated the referral program or to change referral program terms at any time and for any reason in our sole discretion.
Earn American Express Membership Rewards Points With Rakuten
American Express and Rakuten now allow all Rakuten members the ability to earn Membership Rewards points instead of Cash Back on transactions and online services through Rakuten or its mobile app.
Rakuten members must be an American Express Card Member with a card enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Good card options include:
See the program details here.
As I mentioned before, Rakuten lets you earn 1% to 40% cash back from shopping online at a wide range of retailers. Your rewards, known as Big Fat Payments, are paid out quarterly by check or PayPal.
There are three ways to earn cash back online with Rakuten:
Log into your Rakuten account. Click on any retailer link from the Rakuten site, which will automatically load the retailer site in a new window. This will track your session while you shop so you can earn cash back credit for the transaction.
Download the Rakuten Cash Back Button plugin/extension for your browser (Chrome, Edge, FireFox or Safari). You’ll get a prompt to install the plugin when you register and log in for the first time.
It’s super easy to install, and you’ll get a reminder to use Rakuten each time you shop online with a participating retailer. With the plugin method, there’s no need to go through the Rakuten site.
Download the Rakuten app to your mobile phone. To get started, choose a retailer from the app. You’ll get a notification to let you know how much cash back you’ll get with the retailer. After that, you’ll be directed to the retailer site where you can shop as you normally would.
Sounds too good to be true? Here’s how it works. Rakuten earns a commission from the retailer when you visit its online store via Rakuten. Rakuten then shares a part of its commission with you, in the form of cash back. It’s a win-win-win for all parties.
With over 2,500 retail partners, you have plenty of opportunities to earn Rakuten cash back. It has a browser plugin/extension and mobile app to make shopping with Rakuten even easier. Plus, it’s 100% free.
If you shop online, don’t miss out on this or other rewarding cash back services.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Bank of America Checking||$100 Offer||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||Up To $240||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,500||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|