PayPal is the #1 online payment service for good reasons. It makes sending money to family and friends both inexpensive and convenient. The company is so omnipresent – with 244 million active account holders all over the world – many merchants and customers have come to know and trust it.
- Update 9/30/2023: The referral program is still. You can use our referral link to earn a $10 signup bonus (thank you!).
- Update 11/13/2022: The referral program paused for a period of time but is now back.
The money transfer service lets you make and receive payments in more than 200 countries in over 20 currencies.
PayPal $10 Sign Up Bonus & $10 Per Referral
It may be tough finding friends who don’t currently use PayPal. But, if you can, you can both earn a $10 bonus with this offer.
- Refer up to 10 friends to PayPal and you can earn up to $100
- Send 1 cent to a friend who doesn’t have PayPal
- Ask them to sign up and link their bank account or debit/credit card
- When they spend or send $5+, you’ll both get $10.
>>SIGN UP WITH MY REFERRAL LINK (thank you ahead of time!)
- To be eligible to earn rewards through the Program, a referrer must have a U.S. personal (including PayPal, PayPal Cash and PayPal Cash Plus) or premier PayPal account in good standing (“Valid Account”) at the time they invite referee(s) through when his/her reward(s) are issued.
- A referrer may refer a referee by sending $0.01 to the referee via “Send Money” payment in the app or web by providing the referee’s phone number or email address.
- The referrer can claim a reward for a maximum of 5 referees that satisfy the following “Reward Criteria”: (i) access and complete the PayPal sign up process to claim the referrer’s $0.01; (ii) link his/her bank, credit card or debit card to their PayPal account; (iii) verify their cell number linked to their PayPal account; and (iv) complete an Eligible Transaction (defined below) within the Promotional Period.
- An “Eligible Transaction” means: (a) an online PayPal checkout payment of $5.00 USD or more using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as “complete” in the referee’s account before the end of the Promotional Period; or (b) a person-to-person payment of $5.00 USD or more using the “Send Money” feature within PayPal (sent to anyone other than the referrer) using the referee’s new PayPal account that is marked as ‘received’ by the recipient.
- Transactions that have been cancelled, refunded, or reversed by either the referee, referrer, or the seller do not count as Eligible Transactions.
- The reward amount is $10 USD.
- There is a limit of one (1) reward per referee Valid Account and five (5) rewards per referrer Valid Account throughout the entire reward period.
- If two or more referrers invite the same referee, PayPal will credit the reward to the person who sent the $0.01 first, as determined in PayPal’s sole discretion.
- You may only refer family and personal friends and acquaintances.
- Additionally, you must not publish or distribute the invitation to participate that you received from PayPal in public locations (online or otherwise) where the audience is likely to include people who are not your family or personal friends/acquaintances.
- If you do so, PayPal may disqualify you from participation in the Program and any successful referrals will be void, in PayPal’s sole discretion.
PayPal: In A Nutshell
|Instant to a few days
|Up to $10,000 – $60,000 per transaction
PayPal: How It Works
To get started, you’ll have to sign up with your name, mailing address and an email address, plus a savings or checking account number or your credit card information. Setting up your PayPal with a bank account will take as long as a week for PayPal to verify, so if you’re in a rush, you’ll have to use your credit card to fund the transfer.
Types of PayPal Accounts
|Premier or Business
Sending Payments with PayPal
You can send local or international payments from anywhere you happen to be, whether it’s home or on the go. All you need is the recipient’s email address. If they’re new to PayPal, they can easily create an account for free. Follow the four simple steps below to send an online payment:
- Log into your PayPal account.
- Enter the recipient’s email address or mobile number, the amount and the currency to send.
- Choose how you want to pay and send it securely.
- Track your transaction by logging into your account. You’ll also get notifications whenever you make a transaction.
Withdrawing Funds From PayPal
There are three different ways you can withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
- Get a check. After logging into your PayPal account, click on “Transfer to Your Bank” under your balance, then choose “Request a Check By Mail.” If you’re in the United States, you can expect the check in one to two weeks. Those living abroad will have to wait up to six weeks.
- Transfer to a bank account. Log into your PayPal account, enter how much money you’d like to transfer to your bank account, then select which bank account you’d like to transfer to. It usually takes only one business day for the money to show up in your bank account.
- Transfer to an eligible Visa or Mastercard debit or prepaid card. With a PayPal Debit Mastercard, you can withdraw up to $400 a day from any Cirrus or Maestro ATM and make purchases directly from your PayPal account. The branded Mastercard is available to those with a PayPal Premier or Business account.
READ MORE: FIND MORE AMAZON DEALS AND PROMOTIONS HERE
PayPal: Fees & Rates
PayPal doesn’t charge any fees if you’re sending money to family or friends in the United States via a PayPal Personal account. However, you will have to pay additional costs if:
- You have a PayPal Premier or Business account
- You’re transferring money abroad
- You’re doing an instant transfer
PayPal: Transfer Speed
International money transfers with PayPal have quick funding times that is faster than many of its peers. To receive a bank account transfer, it can take two to three days. Instant transfers (the sender will have to pay an added fee) takes just 30 minutes.
PayPal monitors transactions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with next-level encryption and dispute resolution options. The company’s high-tech artificial intelligence fights fraud at an aggressive level, and the money in your PayPal account is FDIC insured.
However, hackers and fraud might still slip their way past these stringent security measures. To keep your account safe, check it regularly and dispute anything you don’t recognize. PayPal will investigate unauthorized withdrawals from your linked checking or savings account. You can also report fake websites and suspicious emails to email@example.com.
If you’re looking for an easy, cost-effective and popular solution to transfer your money abroad, you’ll find that PayPal ranks high up there for its features, benefits, fees and safety.