- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Best Money Transfer Services
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- 1 Top Money Transfer Service Promotions
- 2 Updated Money Transfer Services List
- 2.1 Xoom (Money Transfer Service) Promotions: $10 Sign-Up Bonus And $10 Per Referral
- 2.2 Remitly Money Transfer Promotions: $20 Sign-Up Bonus And $20 Per Referral
- 2.3 Cash App (Formerly Square Cash) Promotions: $5 Sign-Up Bonus And $5 Unlimited Referrals
- 2.4 TransferWise Promotions: Free International Transfer & $75 For Referrals
- 2.5 MoneyGram Promotions: 20% – 40% Fee Discounts, $2 Off For New Customers
- 2.6 PayPal Money Transfer Promotions: $10 Bonus & $10 Per Referral
- 2.7 Travelex (Currency Exchange) Promotions: $60 First Order Discount And $10 Referral Offer
- 2.8 Azimo (Global Money Transfer Service) Promotions: First 2 Transfers Fee-Free
- 2.9 CurrencyFair (Int’l Money Transfer Service) Promotions: €30 Sign-Up Bonus And Referrals
- 2.10 WorldRemit Promotions: $20 Sign Up & $20 Per Referral
- 2.11 XE Money Transfer Review: Free International Transfers
- 2.12 Walmart Money Transfer Review: Convenient Money Transfer for Pick Up Worldwide
- 2.13 OFX Review: Low-Cost International Money Transfers
- 2.14 Zelle Review: Fast & Free Domestic Money Transfers
- 2.15 Veem (Global Business Payments) Rewards Program: $50, $100, $250 Bonuses
- 2.16 Pangea (Money Transfer) Promotions: $10 Off First Money Transfer And $10 Referral Offer
- 2.17 Metal Pay Promotions: $6 Sign-Up Bonus And $6 Referral Offers
- 2.18 Venmo Review And Current Promotions – 1% To 5% Cash Back Offers
- 2.19 Ingo Money (Check Cashing App) $15 Sign-Up Bonus And $15 Referral Offer
- 2.20 Mezu (Mobile Payment App) Promotions: $5 Sign Up Bonus And $5 Per Referral
- 3 Money Transfer Services: Things To Look For
Whether you want to send money to a friend right next to you or a family member living abroad, there are plenty of money transfer services that can get the job done. But what’s the BEST way to send money? I’ve drawn up a list of top providers, each with unique offerings. There’s bound to be at least one that just might fit what you’re looking for in a money transfer service.
Top Money Transfer Service Promotions
Here are some good promos for sign-up and referrals for various money transfer service providers.
Cash App $5 Sign-Up Bonus
Earn a $5 bonus when you download the Cash App, register a new account, and send your first $5. You’ll need to use a current member’s referral link for the offer.
We have a referral link (referral code is SNTGQWX) below you can use. Thank you ahead of time!
Remitly $20 Sign-Up Bonus & $20 Per Referral
- Get $20 off your first transfer of $100+ when you use our referral link to sign up. Thanks ahead of time if you use our link!
- New customers only
- One per customer
TransferWise Free International Transfer Offer
Use our referral link below (thanks ahead of time!) to get a free international transfer of up to $500. Once you have an account open you can start making referral bonus money as well.
Xoom $10 Sign-Up Bonus
Get a $10 Amazon eGift card when you use our referral link (thank you ahead of time!) to register for a new account and send at least $50 in your first transaction.
*Note, we’ve tested our referral link and the $10 offer doesn’t display on the sign-up page. You’ll need to go through the sign-up process and send/transfer $50+ to qualify.
Travelex Up To $60 First Order Discount
Get up to $60 off your first currency exchange order with Travelex when you buy at least $250 of foreign currency using this link.
Updated Money Transfer Services List
Here’s our current list of the best Money Transfer Services. Some services have sign-up and referral promotions.
Money Transfer Services: Things To Look For
As with any service, you’ll find that each money transfer provider has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, Western Union is great if you’re looking for speed and accessibility. However, it falls short on competitive fees and rates. Other companies give you robust tools to protect your international payments from the fluctuating market and predict when it’s the best time to transfer.
All providers will offer one-off payments, but some will go the extra mile and also arrange regular transfers or secure an exchange rate for a future transaction.
Spot deal. Lock in the current exchange rate on the spot for a transfer you will initiate in the next 24 hours. Because rates are constantly fluctuating, this will ensure that you’ll be getting the exchange rate you want when your payment goes through.
Recurring transactions. If you have to make a transfer regularly, you can set up bi-weekly, monthly or quarterly payments to occur automatically. Sometimes, the provider will waive transfer fees if you sign up for recurring transactions. You might even have the option to lock in a fixed rate for all your payments.
Forward contract. Much like spot deals, forward contracts let you lock in a good exchange rate, but it lasts a lot longer – usually three months to a year. Most of the time, you’ll need to pay an initial deposit in order to lock in the rate. Then you’ll need to cough up the rest of the money when the time comes to make the transfer.
Limit or firm order. If you don’t have time to constantly check exchange rates, you can create a limit order. Just propose an exchange rate you’d like to see, and the provider will monitor the rates for you. Once it reaches your target number, the provider will perform the transfer automatically.
Most providers charge a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer for every transaction you make. The rare few will do it for free. Be sure to compare exchange rates as well to make sure you’re getting the best combo deal.
For the best value, locking in a great rate is important. That way, your recipient will get the most money out of the deal, rather than a big chunk of your cash slipping its way in your provider’s wallet.
When you’re comparing exchange rates, you’ll want to first know the mid-market rate for your currency pair. The mid-market rate is what your money is actually worth on the global market compared to another currency. It’s used as a baseline to measure against the rates given by your bank or transfer provider. You can easily find current mid-market rates with a quick Google search.
There are plenty of providers who can get money to your family and friends at a good price, but if it needs to get there quickly… well, that’s a different story. Only a handful of companies allow for almost instantaneous deposits and cash pickups, namely Western Union, MoneyGram and Xoom. However, fast transactions often equate to higher costs. Make sure to balance the provider’s exchange rates and transfer fees against your need for speed.
If you have to send large amounts of money at a time, transfer limits will be your number one priority. You’ll want to take a closer look at the exchange rates and transfer fees when comparing providers. Most will reward large transfers with low fees and competitive exchange rates.
Payment & Delivery Options
Providers offer different ways for you to fund your transfer: in person at agent locations, through an app, with a bank account, debit card or credit card, online or by phone. Recipients also have various delivery options including cash pickup, bank account, debit card and mobile wallet deposit, and even home delivery.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||Up To $700||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||Up To $350||Review|
|You Invest℠ by J.P. Morgan||$625 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||$300 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Money Market||1.80% APY||Review|
|UFB High Yield Savings||1.70% APY||Review|
|Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card||60k Points||Review|
|Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card||50k Miles||Review|
|Betterment||1 Year Free||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$600 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,500 Cash||Review|