After Western Union, MoneyGram is the second-largest money transfer provider in the world. The company lets people send and receive cash within minutes, while other forms of sending and receiving takes a bit longer.
Using MoneyGram is ideal because of its online and offline availability, as well as its size and popularity. The only downsides to this service include higher fees and exchange rates when compared to other online providers.
MoneyGram $50 Bonus & Zero-Free Transfer
Your friends and family can help you earn up to $250 in e-Gift Cards when your first 5 referred friends use MoneyGram’s online money transfer services to send $200 or more abroad from the United States, and they’ll also enjoy a $50 eGift card. Use this link for making referrals.
Sign up with the link below to earn your bonus and then share to earn more bonuses through referrals.
Offer ends April 20, 2022.
MoneyGram Get 20% – 40% Fee Discounts
MoneyGram has a rewards program called Plus+ Rewards where you can save on their fees. You’ll get a 20% off welcome gift fee discount on your second transaction after enrollment. Then, you’ll get a 40% off fee discount after every 5th transaction, which is applied to the next transaction.
Once you log in, you’ll find the “Plus Rewards” menu with all the info.
MoneyGram: In A Nutshell
Via mobile app
Via Facebook Messenger
|Transfer Speed||1 day|
|Transfer Limits (online)||Up to $10,000 per transfer (up to $10,000 every 30 calendar days)|
MoneyGram: How It Works
Transferring money with MoneyGram is simple and easy. Along with typical transfer methods, the company also offers home delivery and the option to send to a debit card or mobile wallet.
You can send money online, in person at any of MoneyGram’s agent locations, via MobilePass, or by MoneyGram Sendbot, a Facebook Messenger app.
You can receive money by:
- Picking it up from one of the 350,000 MoneyGram locations around the world
- Bank account deposit
- Mobile wallet deposit
- Inmate county, state or federal correctional account deposit
Sending Money Step-By-Step
All you’ll need to send money is your recipient’s full name, how much you want to send and where the money will be sent to. After setting up your MoneyGram account, you can choose to send your money as a cash or online transfer.
- Cash transfers. Find a MoneyGram agent, bring identification (passport or driver’s license) and fill out the money transfer form. Afterwards, contact your recipient and give them the reference number.
- Online transfers. Log into your MoneyGram account, input the amount you’re transferring and accept the quote. You’ll need to send MoneyGram the funds, and the company will in turn send it to your recipient.
Tracking Your Transfer
You can do this in two ways. With the first option, log into your MoneyGram account online and view your transaction history. If you’re the recipient, you can use the transaction reference number or transaction authorization number and use the Track a Transfer tool on the MoneyGram website.
MoneyGram also offers money orders, bill payment and mobile top-up.
- Money orders. MoneyGram was originally built on this service when it was founded in 1940. While the company still offers money orders, it only represents a small fraction of the company’s total revenue. Money orders are only available at certain agent locations in the United States.
- Bill payment. This service allows you to pay bills from over 13,000 companies. Payment types with MoneyGram include the following:
- Auto finance
- Cable & satellite
- Child Support Services
- Credit card (only at agent locations)
- Health care
- Mobile phone top-up
- Phone bill
- Prepaid credit cards (only at agent locations)
- Utility Bills (electric, gas, sewer & water)
- Mobile top-up. Thanks to its partner TransferTo, you can top up prepaid mobile phones of more than 350 mobile carriers in over 100 countries across the globe. Pay at MoneyGram agent locations in the United States or online from any country in the world.
A top money transfer provider, MoneyGram has an extensive network all over the world. What sets it apart is the speed in which it delivers. However, you should look elsewhere if transferring at the lowest cost is your priority.
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- BMO Harris Up to $500 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking Bonuses
- Chase College Checking℠ $100 Bonus
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers