With WorldRemit (worldremit.com), you can send money to family and friends in 150 countries around the world – easily and affordably. Choose from a wide selection of payment methods as well as delivery options.
- Update 1/23/2024: It is unclear whether this offer is available to US residents. Offer page currently only shows bonus money sent from the UK or Australia.
- Update 12/17/2023: The referral offer is now $35 for each person you refer and $10 for signing up.
WorldRemit 3 Fee-Free Money Transfers
- Pay zero fees when you send your first 3 money transfers with WorldRemit
- Add the promo code 3FREE when you complete a transfer
WorldRemit Zero Fee For Your First Money Transfer
- Pay no fees on your first money transfer with WorldRemit
- Add the code FREE in the promo code area when you pay for your transfer
WorldRemit $10 Sign-Up Bonus & $35 Per Referral
It’s unclear if this offer is still available for transfers from the USA.
If you don’t have an account with WorldRemit, you can sign up through a current member’s referral code and earn a $10 sign-up bonus.
- Sign up through a current member’s referral code
- Send $100 USD or more with WorldRemit
- You’ll get $10 (also you may able to stack one of the promo codes on this page to get free transfers). You will be emailed a $10 USD WorldRemit voucher code
- Once you have an account open and have made your first money transfer, you can start making $35 per qualified referral.
- See referral program page here.
- Use one of the following links:
WorldRemit: In A Nutshell
|$1+ (max depends on where you live & how you pay)
Airtime top up
|Minutes – 7 days
WorldRemit: How It Works
Simply initiate a WorldRemit transfer online via your computer, smartphone or tablet. You can fund the transfer from:
- A card (debit, credit or prepaid)
- A bank transfer
- Android Pay
- Apple Pay
Unfortunately, WorldRemit only offers one-off transfers. If you want the flexibility of rate locks, forward contracts or recurring transfers, you should look into other providers.
Your recipient can receive the transfer in the following ways:
- Bank deposit. Money will be credited to your recipient’s bank account. They can then withdraw the funds as cash, use it to make payments, or make a bank transfer.
- Cash pickup. Funds will be available for pickup in cash at a local agent location of a WorldRemit money transfer partner.
- Mobile money. The transfer will go to a mobile wallet which will be available to your recipient anywhere, at any time.
- Airtime top-up. Top-up your recipient’s mobile airtime so they can make calls or send SMS text messages.
- Home delivery. This option is limited to certain countries.
With WorldRemit, follow the steps below to send your money:
- Select which country you want to send your money to.
- If you have more than one payout method option, choose one.
- Enter how much money you would like to send, or how much you want the recipient to have. The corresponding fees and exchange rate depends on your amount and payout method.
- Pay for your transfer. Your payment choices depend on what country you’re sending money to, but may include cash pickup, bank deposit, mobile money, airtime top-up and even home delivery.
- Your money is now on its way. Both you and your recipient will get SMS or email notifications throughout the process.
WorldRemit: Fees & Rates
As with any international money transfer service, you’ll need to watch out for transfer fees and exchange rates.
What you have to pay for a WorldRemit transfer depends on the amount, the payment method, and where the money is going. Fees for a cash pickup are generally higher than fees for a bank deposit.
WorldRemit exchange rates depend on the payment method and are updated daily to reflect the changing market conditions. You can lock it in advance so you know exactly how much will get to your recipient.
WorldRemit does not charge any other fees. Keep in mind, if you are sending airtime top-up, some countries will apply taxes. This will reduce the amount of airtime your recipient receives. If the latter is the case, WorldRemit will let you know before you complete the transfer.
WorldRemit: Transfer Speed
Transfer speed depends a lot on the delivery method. Cash pickup, mobile money, and airtime top up are completed within minutes. Bank transfers, on the other hand, take between one to three business days.
|Instant transfers are available to select banks
Other timings vary, depending on:
* The bank
* Day of the week
* Transaction creation time
|Available to collect instantly
|Instant or near instant
|Instant or near instant
|24 hours – 7 days, depending on location
If you’re looking for easy, affordable, and fast money transfers around the world, WorldRemit is a solid choice. The provider offers an easy-to-use website and mobile app, a large number of payout countries and networks, flexible options, competitive exchange rates, quick delivery speed, and exceptional customer support.