Discover the latest Chase checking bonus offer: New customers can earn a $300 bonus by opening a Chase Total Checking® account and completing qualifying activities. Find current Chase Total Checking coupon deals and start enjoying your bonus today!
Bank bonuses and promotions can lead to rewarding discoveries, especially when you stumble upon the Chase checking bonus. This enticing offer is designed to welcome new customers to the world of Chase, providing a substantial bank bonus when you open a Chase checking account. The Chase checking account bonus is not just a monetary benefit; it’s a gateway to experiencing banking with one of the most reputable financial institutions in the United States.
Chase Bank is an esteemed financial institution with roots dating back to 1982. Headquartered in the bustling city of Newark, Delaware, Chase stands proudly as the bank with the largest asset base in the United States, a testament to its strength and stability in the financial landscape.
Chase offers a full line of banking services with branches/ATMs across these states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WV.
- Update 1/11/2024: The offer has been extended through 4/17/2024 and the bonus amount increased to $300. Full details are below.
- Update 10/5/2023: The offer has been extended through 1/24/2024. Full details are below.
- Update 9/18/2023: The offer expiration date is approaching.
- Update 8/18/2023: Welcome offer has been extended through 10/18/2023. Full details below.
- Update 4/6/2023: The offer has been extended through 7/19/2023. Full details below.
- Update 1/13/2023: Offer has been extended until 4/19/2023. Full details below.
How To Earn The $300 Chase Checking Bonus
- New Chase checking customers enjoy a $300 bonus when you open a Chase Total Checking® account with qualifying activities
- Access to more than 15,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
- Chase Mobile® app – Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more — all from your device.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC
- Open your account online now
- Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
- Chase Overdraft Assist℠ no overdraft fees if you’re overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day or if you’re overdrawn by more than $50 and bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day*
*With Chase Overdraft Assist℠, we won’t charge an Overdraft Fee if you’re overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day OR if you’re overdrawn by more than $50 and you bring your account balance to overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the next business day (you have until 11 PM ET (8 PM PT) to make a deposit or transfer). Chase Overdraft Assist does not require enrollment and comes with eligible Chase checking accounts.
How To Waive The Monthly Fee
$12 Monthly Service Fee OR $0 with one of the following, each monthly statement period:
- Electronic deposits made into this account totaling $500 or more, such as payments from payroll providers or government benefit providers, by using (i) the ACH network, (ii) the Real Time Payment network, or (iii) third party services that facilitate payments to your debit card using the Visa® or Mastercard® network,
- OR a balance at the beginning of each day of $1,500 or more in this account,
- OR an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings, and other balances
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Coupon is good for one-time use.
- To receive this bonus, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- Account Closing: If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after coupon enrollment, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
READ MORE: SEE ALL THE BEST CHASE BANK PROMOTIONS HERE
Why Choose The Chase Total Checking® Account?
The Chase Total Checking® account is the bank’s best all-around option. If you want a solid, well-rounded checking account, this one does a lot of things right. Chase has a lot of branches, so it’s a good choice for people in many parts of the country.
Chase has more than 4,700 locations in 32 states and the District of Columbia. Also, there are 15,000 free ATMs all over the country.
You get access to Chase Deposit Friendly ATMs, which make it easy to make deposits, and a Chase debit card with chip technology for great security.
Chase Total Checking® has a $12 monthly service fee, but you can waive it if you have $500 in electronic deposits monthly, start each day with a $1,500 balance, or keep an average daily balance of $5,000 in this account and all linked Chase accounts.
Chase Total Checking® Features
- Chase QuickDeposit. Quickly deposit a check into your Chase Total Checking® account using the mobile app.
- Zelle®. Using the Zelle® service, you can send and receive money from other people with just a few clicks.
- Online Bill Pay. Chase’s website makes it easy to set up bills and pay them electronically or by check, all in one place.
- Account alerts. Chase lets you set up detailed account alerts so you always know what’s going on with your account. This helps keep you safe from abuse and scams.
- Text banking. If you need to check your account balance or transaction history right away, you can send a text message to get the information you need.
- Paperless statements. Chase gives you access to up to 7 years of online statements, so you’ll never have to worry about missing a transaction again when it’s time to do your taxes.
Chase Mobile Support
It’s important to be able to access your checking account easily from your smartphone. With one of the best banking apps on the market, Chase makes things easy. You can manage your accounts, use mobile deposit to deposit checks, and move money between accounts.
You’ll also be able to do a number of everyday banking tasks, such as checking your balance, looking at your transaction history, and sending money with Zelle®. The app has just about everything you’ll need, and the interface is clean and easy to use.
Who Is Chase Total Checking® For?
Chase is a great bank for keeping a checking account because it has branches all over the country, a great mobile app, and mobile payment technology.
Chase Total Checking® is a good choice for people who travel a lot within the U.S., since you’ll have access to the many Chase branches and ATMs. It’s not the best for those who travel outside the country, though, because foreign ATM fees can be up to $5 per withdrawal. It’s also not for people who don’t think they’ll be able to meet the requirements to avoid the $12 monthly service fee.
READ MORE: SEE THE BROKERAGE PROMOTION FROM J.P. MORGAN
My Impression of the Chase Checking Bonus
From my experience with the Chase Total Checking® account many years ago, I found it to be a good basic option for my banking needs.
The account didn’t charge any maintenance fees as long as I had a monthly direct deposit of more than $500 (having the minimum $1,500 balance works easily also), and I appreciated the convenience of online bill pay and the ability to send money through Quickpay (it’s now just called Zelle®) to most of my friends who also banked with Chase.
Chase’s large number of branches in major cities also made it easy for me to access my money when I needed it. Like most other checking accounts from big banks, you won’t want to withdraw cash from non-Chase ATMs due to fees.
The Chase app is easy to use and looks clean on my iOS device, and I am happy with their customer service.
While you can find some negative experiences reported online, I believe that as long as you’re a legitimate customer doing legitimate business with them, you shouldn’t have to worry.
I have since moved on to higher tier checking options and business options from Chase, but overall, my experience with their Total Checking® account was positive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You will need to provide your personal information, a valid government-issued ID and your social security number.
No, there is no minimum balance required to open a Chase Total Checking account.
There is a $12 monthly service fee, which can be waived with one of the following:
Direct deposit of $500 or more
A minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more
an average daily balance of $5,000 or more across all linked Chase accounts
You can deposit money into your account through direct deposit, mobile check deposit, ATM deposit, or by visiting a Chase branch.
You can access your account information and account activities through Chase’s online banking and mobile banking app.
The Chase checking bonus is a promotional offer from Chase Bank that rewards new customers with a cash bonus for opening a Chase checking account and completing specific qualifying activities, such as setting up direct deposit. It’s an incentive for new clients to experience the benefits of banking with Chase.
More from Chase:
- Best Chase Coupons, Bank Bonuses, Promotions March 2024 - Discover Chase coupons, bonuses, and promotions offering up to $3,000 for checking, savings, and business accounts, including current deals of $300, $400, $900, and more.…
- Chase Business Checking Bonus: Earn $400 With Chase Business Complete Checking® [Nationwide] – Ends 4/18/2024 - Earn a $400 Chase business checking bonus with a new Chase Business Complete Checking® account. Meet the requirements to unlock your reward. Learn more about…
- Chase Private Client Bonus: Up To $3,000 Promotion – Ends 4/17/2024 - Secure up to a $3,000 Chase Private Client bonus by opening a new checking account and completing qualifying activities. Click for full promotion details and…
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing Up To $700 Bonus – Ends 4/12/24 - J.P. Morgan Wealth Management is now offering new customers up to $700 for a new Self-Directed Investing account. See the full details below! Update 1/24/2024:…
- Chase $900 Checking & Savings Bonus [Targeted] – Ends 4/17/24 - Chase has been targeting customers via email with this offer for up to $900 for new checking and savings account. Update 1/14/2024: The offer has…
- Chase College Checking℠ $100 Bonus Offer – Ends 4/17/2024 - Earn a $100 bonus when you open a new Chase College Checking℠ account and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of coupon enrollment. See…
- Chase Secure Banking℠ Account $100 Bonus – Ends 4/17/2024 - Find updated promotions and offers for the Chase Secure Banking℠ account here. Get a $100 bonus when you open a new Chase Secure Banking℠ account…
- Chase Bank Checking Referral $50/$200 Bonuses (Up To $500/$1000 Yearly) - Chase Bank has an offer where you can earn $50 for each friend who opens a qualifying personal Chase checking account – up to $500…
- Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Promo: $300 Cash Bonus (Available Nationwide) – Ended - Find the latest Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Account promotions and bonuses here. Coupon offers are refreshed throughout the year. Check back often for the best…
- Chase Sapphire℠ Checking Account Cash Bonus Offer – Ended - We'll keep this page updated with offers for the Chase Sapphire℠ Checking account . This is Chase Bank's checking product that replaced its Premier Platinum…