Find updated promotions and offers for the Chase Secure Banking℠ account here. Get a $100 bonus when you open a new Chase Secure Banking℠ account with qualifying transactions. See the full details below!
- Update 8/21/2023: The welcome offer has been extended through 10/18/2023. Get all the details below.
- Update 4/6/2023: The offer has been extended until 7/19/2023. See below for the full details.
- Update 1/13/2023: The $100 bonus offer has been extended until 4/19/2023. Get the full details below.
The Chase Secure Banking℠ account, a low cost checking account, can help more consumers around the country access a traditional banking relationship. It has been certified by Bank On for meeting the National Account Standards as a low-cost, low-fee account since 2019. This is a good option for those new to banking or who have had a history of trouble getting or keeping an account.
With this account, customers get a low monthly fee, no overdraft fees, and full access to Chase branches, ATMs, and digital tools. There are no fees to cash checks, pay bills with Chase Online℠ Bill Pay, send money using Zelle®, or to use money orders or cashier’s checks. You’ll be able to check your balance, pay bills, and deposit checks with Chase Online℠ and the Chase Mobile® app.
Additional benefits include access to your free credit score and alerts to help you identify fraud with Chase Credit Journey. Chase Secure Banking℠ customers also get access to Chase First Banking℠, an account to help parents teach teens and kids about money.
How To Earn The Bonus
- New Chase checking customers enjoy a $100 checking account bonus when you open a Chase Secure Banking℠ account with qualifying transactions. Open online or at any Chase branch.
- Set up direct deposit and you may get your money up to two business days early-exclusively for Chase Secure Banking℠ customers.
- No minimum deposit to open an account and get started.
- No overdraft fees with a Chase debit card that helps you stay within your balance.
- Chase Secure Banking℠ customers told us they save an average of $50 a month on fees after opening their account.
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.
- Pay bills, cash checks and send money with Zelle® all for a $4.95 monthly service fee.
- Bank from anywhere with access to more than 15,000 Chase ATMs, more than 4,700 Chase branches, the Chase Mobile® app and Chase Online℠.
The Monthly Fee
There is a $4.95 Monthly Service Fee.
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years.
- You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account.
- Coupon is good for one-time use.
- Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer.
- To receive this bonus, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- Qualifying transactions include debit card purchases, online bill payments, Chase QuickDeposit℠, Zelle®, or ACH credits.
- Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after coupon enrollment, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
After reviewing the benefits of the Chase Secure Banking℠ account, here are my thoughts on its features and which customers might benefit the most from this low-cost checking account option.
The Chase Secure Banking℠ account has several good features, such as a low monthly fee, no overdraft fees, and full access to Chase branches, ATMs, and digital tools. Additionally, there are no fees for cashing checks, paying bills with Chase Online℠ Bill Pay, sending money using Zelle®, or using money orders or cashier’s checks. This account is particularly suitable for those who are new to banking or have had difficulties obtaining or maintaining an account in the past.
Some of the other noteworthy benefits include access to your free credit score and fraud alerts through Chase Credit Journey, as well as the opportunity to teach teens and kids about money through Chase First Banking℠. New customers can also enjoy a $100 checking account bonus and potential early access to direct deposits.
On the other hand, the $4.95 monthly service fee may be a downside for some customers, especially if they’re looking for a completely free checking account option. However, it’s important to keep in mind that Chase Secure Banking℠ customers have reported saving an average of $50 a month on fees after opening their account, which can offset the monthly service fee.
The Chase Secure Banking℠ account is a good option for customers who are new to banking, have had trouble with accounts in the past, or are seeking a low-cost checking account with a variety of valuable features.
Customers who haven’t tried opening a basic checking account yet should consider looking into the Chase Total Checking® account first, as it is Chase’s most popular basic checking option and may provide additional features and benefits tailored to their needs.
Direct deposit isn’t required for the above bonus. See other offers that don’t require direct deposit here.
More from Chase:
- Chase Business Complete Checking® $300 Sign-Up Bonus [Nationwide] – Ends 10/19/2023
- Best Chase Bank Promotions September 2023 ($200, $500, $3000 & More)
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus Offer [Nationwide] – Ends 10/18/2023
- Chase Private Client Up To $3,000 Bonus – Ends 10/18/23
- Chase College Checking℠ $100 Bonus Offer – Ends 10/18/23
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing Up To $700 Bonus – Ends 10/12/23
- Chase Bank Checking Referral $50/$200 Bonuses (Up To $500/$1000 Yearly)
- Chase $900 Checking & Savings Bonus [Targeted]
- Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Promo: $300 Cash Bonus (Available Nationwide) – Ended
- Chase Sapphire℠ Checking Account Cash Bonus Offer – Ended