This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Find up-to-date promotions and offers from First National Bank of Omaha (fnbo.com) here. Typical offers range from $200-$500.
FNBO was established in 1857 and is headquartered in Omaha, NE. They have locations in CO, KS, NE, IA, SD, IL, KS. They also have a subsidiary, FNBO Direct, an online-only bank offering Checking, Savings, CDs, and credit cards nationwide.
Update 3/27/2023: The offer has been extended through 3/31/23.
Update 1/18/2023: $300 Checking and $200 Savings offer has returned and is available until 3/20/2023.
FNBO $300 Checking + $200 Savings Offer
- What you’ll get: Up To $500
- Where it’s available: Offer valid only in FNBO branded branches in CO, IA, IL, KS, NE, SD, TX, and WY. Offer valid online in CO, IA, IL, KS, NE, SD, MO, and limited areas of TX, WI, and WY.
- How to earn it:
- Up to $300 Checking bonus:
- Open an FNBO Checking account by March 20, 2023 using the promo code 700. You’ll see your $50 opening bonus within 30 days of opening your new account.
- Set up and receive qualifying direct deposits in your new checking account. Direct deposits totaling $1,500 must post to your account three 31-day periods in a row.
- Your $250 bonus will be deposited into your new checking account. You’ll see the bonus within 30 days of your third qualifying direct deposit.
- Up to $200 Savings bonus:
- Open an FNBO Savings account the same day as checking. You’ll see a $10 opening bonus within 30 days of opening your new account.
- Your $190 bonus will be deposited into your new savings account when you maintain a $3,000 balance for 90 days and you meet the checking account qualifications. You’ll see the bonus within 30 days of when qualifications are met.
- Up to $300 Checking bonus:
- When it expires: 3/31/2023
Waive The Monthly Fee
The New FNBO Free Checking Account has no monthly fees.
- Account bonuses are subject to IRS reporting and will be reflected on a 1099-INT statement.
- The customer is responsible for entering the promo code during online account opening or mention the promotion to a banker.
- FNBO has discretion to determine what constitutes a new checking or savings customer.
- FNBO reserves the right to recoup or withhold bonuses at its discretion.
- The account must be open to receive a bonus.
- Offer valid only in FNBO branded branches in CO, IA, IL, KS, NE, SD, TX, and WY. Offer valid online in CO, IA, IL, KS, NE, SD, MO, and limited areas of TX, WI, and WY.
The $50 new checking account opening bonus will be credited to your account within 30 days of account opening.
The $250 direct deposit bonus will be credited to your account within 30 days of the date we receive your qualifying direct deposits.* Qualifying direct deposits must be received within 124 days of the account being opened.
Offer valid for new checking customers on one new account and limited to only one opening bonus and direct deposit bonus. A new checking customer is defined as an applicant who does not have an open Access Debit, Free Checking, Premier Checking or Employee Checking account at the time of campaign launch.
A qualifying direct deposit is defined as a deposit, such as a customer’s salary, pension, Social Security, or other regularly monthly income, electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency. To receive the bonus, a minimum qualifying direct deposit or deposits totaling $500 must post to your checking account for three (3) consecutive 31-day periods for a total of $1,500. The deposits must post to your account within 124 days of account opening. Transfers and/or deposits made via ATM, online or teller, and transfers from a bank or brokerage account do not constitute a credit or direct deposit.
Savings account must be opened the same day as checking account. $10 opening bonus will be applied within 30 days of account opening. Savings account must be a Basic Savings, Savings, or Premier Savings product type. Ownership roles must match between the checking and savings accounts.
Offer valid for new savings customers on one new account and limited to only one opening bonus and one secondary bonus. The savings product opened directly after the new checking will be considered for eligibility. Subsequent savings products opened will not be considered for eligibility. A new savings customer is defined as an applicant who does not have an open Basic Savings, Savings, or Premier Savings account at the time of campaign launch.
The $190 bonus paid to the savings account will only be available once the checking account qualifications have been met and all bonuses paid out. Additionally, an average balance of at least $3,000 must be maintained in the savings account for 90 days from account opening.** The $190 bonus will be paid to the savings account within 30 days of meeting all requirements. Offer valid for new savings customers on one new account and limited to only one opening bonus and secondary bonus.
The offer was previously only worth $250 for checking only. The new bonus amount is worth considering, especially if you open both a checking and a savings account to maximize the bonus!
READ MORE: See Promotions From Chase Bank, BMO Harris, Bank Of America, TD Bank, And U.S. Bank
READ MORE: See The Best Bank Promotions Here And The Best Investing Promotions Here
Don’t fall for the FNBO bonus offer. It’s one step away from bring a scam. I followed all the directions, was told by customer service manager the accounts qualified for the bonus yet 5 months later, still no bonuses. Now I’m being told that even though I made a $3000 deposit to fund the savings account & never made any withdrawals, the average balance didn’t meet the $3000 minimum. What?! How is that possible? In other words, they will find a way to twist the requirements after they’ve held your money with miniscule interest (literally 0.10 is what I’ve earned since Oct. 2022). Read the long list of 1 star and poor reviews on the banking sites & BBB…I am clearly not the only customer to experience this with this bank.
Don’t waste your time or give them your money.