How about scoring a sweet $200 bonus just by creating a new TD Bank Convenience Checking℠ account? Just sign up online and set up a direct deposit.
Earn a $200 bonus when you sign up for a new TD Bank Convenience Checking℠ account. Direct deposit will be required to earn the bonus and you must apply online.
- Update 1/28/2024: The offer is still available.
- Update 9/18/23: The offer is still available. See details below.
This is TD Bank’s standard everyday checking option and is their most popular. For their premium checking alternative that has more benefits, see the TD Beyond Checking account (there’s a bonus for this one as well).
How To Earn The Bonus
Sign up for a new TD Bank Convenience Checking℠ online and set up direct deposit to qualify for this promotion.
Full details here:
- Earn $200 when you receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days
- Low minimum daily balance of $100 waives the $15 monthly maintenance fee.
- Students and young adults ages 17 through 23 get additional perks like no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee.
- Instantly replace a lost, stolen, or damaged debit card by visiting a TD Bank location near you
- Access accounts via Online Banking with Bill Pay, Online Statements, Send Money with Zelle and TDBank Mobile Deposit. Plus, get 24/7 cash access at TD ATMs in the U.S. and Canada and around-the-clock Live Customer Service.
- TD checking accounts come with an instant-issue debit card – and, you can pay with confidence with contactless technology Visa Zero Liability protection and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
- Get a 0.25% discount on TD Bank Home Equity and Personal Loans.
- You will not qualify for the Checking Bonus if you are an existing TD Bank checking Customer OR had a previous checking account that was closed within the preceding 12 months OR have received a prior checking account bonus at any time.
- To receive the $300 Checking bonus, you must: 1) Open a new TD Beyond Checking account; AND 2) Have your direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more made into this account within 60 calendar days of the account opening date. To receive the $200 Checking bonus, you must: 1) Open a new TD Convenience Checking account; AND 2) Have your direct deposits totaling $500 or more made into this account within 60 calendar days of the account opening date.
- Your direct deposits need to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension, government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government of at least $250 each.
- Person-to-Person and bank transfers between your TD Bank accounts or accounts you have at other financial institutions or brokerages are not considered a direct deposit.
- After you have completed the requirements outlined above, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account on or before 180 days of account opening.
- To receive the bonus, your account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout.
- If your new checking and/or savings account is closed by you or TD Bank within 6 months after account opening, TD Bank reserves the right to deduct the bonus amount at closing.
- Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership.
- The primary owner of the new personal checking and/or new personal savings account may be required to complete a valid IRS Form W-9 or substitute IRS Form W-9 to provide certain identifying information.
- You may be subject to backup withholding at the rate specified in the U.S. Internal Revenue Code if you fail to provide that information or meet certain other conditions.
- TD Bank may issue you an IRS Form 1099 or other appropriate forms reporting the value of the bonus.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time. TD Bank Employees and Canadian Cross-border banking Customers are not eligible.
- New customers who apply online for a TD Beyond Checking account can earn a $300 cash bonus after receiving direct deposits of $2,500 or more within 60 days. To qualify for this offer, you must be a U.S. resident and apply for the offer online. Offer is available in these states: CT, DC, DE, FL, MD, ME, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, VA
- Three ways to go monthly maintenance fee-free: Monthly Maintenance fee waived when you set up direct deposits of $5,000 or more within a statement cycle, maintain a $2,500 minimum daily balance, or have a $25,000 combined balance across eligible TD accounts.
- ATM perks: TD fees waived at any ATM and non-TD fees reimbursed when you keep at least a $2,500 daily balance.
- A little extra time. A lot of extra relief: Avoid fees with Grace Period, which gives you until 11 PM ET the next business day to fix an overdraft. Make sure your available balance is at least $0 by depositing enough to cover the overdrawn balance plus any additional transactions and TD will refund the overdraft fee to your checking account.
- Fast and secure payments: TD Bank debit cards are backed by the Zero Liability guarantee and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
- Convenient locations with the longest hours around: We have over 1,100 locations from Maine to Florida that’s open early, late, and weekends.
- Get reimbursed for fees including two overdraft fees per year, all Rush Bill Payments, and one outgoing wire per statement cycle (domestic or international).
- Additional TD Bank checking account perks worth talking about: Get 24/7 access to all your TD accounts with Online & Mobile Banking, plus Bill Pay, Send Money with Zelle®, Mobile Deposit and Online Statements.
My Impression of the Offer
The $200 bonus for signing up and setting up a direct deposit – that’s pretty awesome. It’s not every day you get to make money just by switching banks.
It’s their standard everyday checking account and is a big hit among users. Of course, if you want a few more bells and whistles, you might want to check out the TD Beyond Checking account (plus, there’s a bonus there too).
But back to the Convenience Checking account. I found it relatively simple to qualify for the promotion – just apply online. The bonus requirements were straightforward – get direct deposits totaling $500 or more within 60 days.
One thing I really appreciated was the low daily balance to dodge the monthly maintenance fee – just $100. It made the account easy to maintain. And if you’re a student or young adult aged 17 through 23, you’re in luck – no minimum balance requirements and no monthly maintenance fee for you.
The customer service was also top-notch. I misplaced my debit card once and got it replaced instantly by just popping into a TD Bank branch. Their online banking is pretty impressive. Everything from bill pay to Zelle and mobile deposits.
The bonus does come with some restrictions. If you’re an existing TD Bank checking customer, had a checking account closed within the last 12 months, or have received a checking account bonus before, you won’t be eligible for the promotion.
Be aware, if you close your account within six months, TD Bank might take back the bonus.
There are some tax considerations too. TD Bank might send you an IRS Form 1099 for the value of the bonus.
More from TD Bank:
- Best TD Bank Bonuses & Promotions – February 2024
- TD Ameritrade Best Brokerage Bonuses: $350, $700, $1000, $1500, $2500 Cash Promo (Now Charles Schwab Trading Powered by Ameritrade)
- TD Bank Beyond Checking $300 Bonus Offer – Ends 2/29/24
- TD Bank Student Checking Review: Free Checking For Students Under 24