- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- TD Bank Student Checking
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- AvailabilityEditor: 85%
- Features & BenefitsEditor: 95%
- Customer ServiceEditor: 95%
- 1 Current Promotions For TD Bank Student Checking?
- 2 The TD Bank Student Checking Requirements
- 3 The Good
- 4 The Fees
- 5 The Bad
- 6 The Impression
TD Bank hails its Student Checking as “banking that fits into your class schedule,” featuring convenient tools and services that let you concentrate on more important matters. Read on for the good, the bad and our overall impression for this made-for-students checking account.
*See the best Student Checking Accounts compared
Current Promotions For TD Bank Student Checking?
The current promotion for the TD Bank Student Checking is for a free Samsung Galaxy smartphone when you apply online – for new accounts or when you upgrade with a 2-year activation.
- Android phone is eligible on all checking accounts.
- Checking account must be open online.
- Offer valid while supplies last.
- All Android phones must be redeemed within 60 days of the submitted application.
- Free phone offer is only available with select service plans, data and messaging features and a new two-year subscriber agreement.
- Price valid for primary and secondary lines only.
- Offer is subject to identity, credit, and/or eligibility check, and may require a deposit.
- Contract renewal and upgrade options may also be available for existing eligible customers, however price may vary.
- Service may not be available in all markets or on all wireless carriers.
- Activation/upgrade fees, early termination fees, and additional restrictions apply.
- Consumers are required to pay regulatory fees and applicable sales taxes based on their location.
- Must be 18 or older to qualify.
- Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- Not valid with any other offer or for business accounts.
- Limited time offer that is subject to change and only valid in the United States.
*TD Bank also offers cash bonuses for their regular Checking accounts.
Another great student Checking option is the Chase College CheckingSM account – it has great features and a cash sign-up bonus.
The TD Bank Student Checking Requirements
- Under the age of 24.
- Proof of active student status.
- No minimum opening deposit.
- Parent co-owner, if you’re younger than 18.
No Monthly Maintenance Free or Minimum Balance Requirement
Ever! You just need to be under the age of 24 and have proof of active student status.
With access to thousands of TD Bank ATMs in the United States and Canada, TD Bank Visa Debit Card available on-the-spot, and branches that open early, open late and open 7 days a week!
With free mobile banking featuring Mobile Deposit, online banking with free Bill Pay, free online statements with check images, and live customer service 24/7!
Send Money to Others for Free
When you use Zelle, a PayPal- and Venmo-like app.
Waived Overdraft Protection Transfer Fees
Also, if your available account balance is overdrawn by $5 or less, TD Bank will not charge any overdraft fee.
Fee-Free TD Simple Savings Account
When you link to a TD Student Checking Account!
Student Banking Tools
TD Bank provides educational resources so you can learn all about personal finance. Topics include protecting your identity, understanding overdraft options, and more!
|Monthly Maintenance||$0||With proof of active enrollment, expires in 5 years or at the age of 24.|
|Non-TD Bank ATM||$3||Per transaction, domestic or international.|
|Overdraft/NSF||$35||Per paid or returned item, max 5 items per business day.|
|Overdraft Protection Transfer||$0||Just link to another approved account.|
|Send Money with Zelle||$0||For delivering or requesting funds.|
|Paper Statement||$1||Per monthly billing cycle.|
TD Bank has over 1,200 locations on the East Coast, but you might have a difficult time finding a branch if you don’t live in an urban area.
TD Bank charges a hefty $35 per overdraft or NSF transaction, up to five times per business day.
No Yield on Deposits
Unfortunately, TD Bank Student Checking is a non-interest bearing account. However, it’s free to open a TD Simple Savings Account if you’re looking to make a bit of money while saving money.
We love the accessibility of TD Bank Student Checking. No monthly maintenance fee and no minimum deposit means ANY student (under the age of 24) can open an account here! What’s more, TD Bank is uber convenient. They’ve got online and mobile banking as well as 24/7 live customer service. If you prefer to do your banking physically at a branch, TD Bank also has extended branch hours. With Student Banking Tools and fee-free TD Savings Account, you will be well on your way to a firm personal finance foundation.
Be aware though, TD Banks are concentrated on the East coast in urban areas, and the overdraft fees are wallet-pinching!
- SunTrust Essential Checking For Students (High School, Technical School, College)
- KeyBank Student Checking Account Review (Students 16 To 24)
- BB&T Bank Student Checking Review (Students Age 23 & Younger)
- PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student: Unique Features At Your School
- Wells Fargo Teen Checking & Everyday Student Checking Review
- TD Bank Student Checking Review: Free Checking For Students Under 24
- Capital One 360 Money Account Review: Checking Account For Ages 13 To 17
- Bank Of America Core Checking Account For Students Under 24
- US Bank Student Checking Review: No Fees, No Minimums
- 11 Best Student Checking Accounts For September 2018
- Chase Student Checking Promotions: $100 Chase College Checking℠ Bonus
- Chase College Checking℠ Review: Is This Student Account For You?
- Santander Student Value Checking Review (Ages 16 – 25)