TD Bank hails its Student Checking as “banking that fits into your class schedule,” featuring convenient tools and services that let you concentrate on more important matters. Read on for the good, the bad and our overall impression for this made-for-students checking account.
*See the best Student Checking Accounts compared
TD Bank Bonus: $150 Convenience Checking℠ Offer
- What you’ll get: $150 bonus
- Where it’s available: CT, DC, DE, FL, MD, ME, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, VA
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Convenience Checking℠ account online.
- Receive direct deposits of $500+ within 60 days of account opening.
- When it expires: Limited time offer (no stated expiration date)
*Get all the details on the offer page
*TD Bank offers cash bonuses for their regular Checking accounts.
Another great student Checking option is the Chase College CheckingSM account – it has great features and a cash sign-up bonus.
The TD Bank Student Checking Requirements
- Under the age of 24.
- Proof of active student status.
- No minimum opening deposit.
- Parent co-owner, if you’re younger than 18.
TD Bank Student Checking Details
No Monthly Maintenance Free or Minimum Balance Requirement
Ever! You just need to be under the age of 24 and have proof of active student status.
With access to thousands of TD Bank ATMs in the United States and Canada, TD Bank Visa Debit Card available on-the-spot, and branches that open early, open late and open 7 days a week!
With free mobile banking featuring Mobile Deposit, online banking with free Bill Pay, free online statements with check images, and live customer service 24/7!
Send Money to Others for Free
When you use Zelle, a PayPal- and Venmo-like app.
Waived Overdraft Protection Transfer Fees
Also, if your available account balance is overdrawn by $5 or less, TD Bank will not charge any overdraft fee.
Fee-Free TD Simple Savings Account
When you link to a TD Student Checking Account!
Student Banking Tools
TD Bank provides educational resources so you can learn all about personal finance. Topics include protecting your identity, understanding overdraft options, and more!
TD Bank has over 1,200 locations on the East Coast, but you might have a difficult time finding a branch if you don’t live in an urban area.
TD Bank charges a hefty $35 per overdraft or NSF transaction, up to five times per business day.
No Yield on Deposits
Unfortunately, TD Bank Student Checking is a non-interest bearing account. However, it’s free to open a TD Simple Savings Account if you’re looking to make a bit of money while saving money.
|Monthly Maintenance||$0||With proof of active enrollment, expires in 5 years or at the age of 24.|
|Non-TD Bank ATM||$3||Per transaction, domestic or international.|
|Overdraft/NSF||$35||Per paid or returned item, max 5 items per business day.|
|Overdraft Protection Transfer||$0||Just link to another approved account.|
|Send Money with Zelle||$0||For delivering or requesting funds.|
|Paper Statement||$1||Per monthly billing cycle.|
We love the accessibility of TD Bank Student Checking. No monthly maintenance fee and no minimum deposit means ANY student (under the age of 24) can open an account here! What’s more, TD Bank is uber convenient. They’ve got online and mobile banking as well as 24/7 live customer service. If you prefer to do your banking physically at a branch, TD Bank also has extended branch hours. With Student Banking Tools and fee-free TD Savings Account, you will be well on your way to a firm personal finance foundation.
Be aware though, TD Banks are concentrated on the East coast in urban areas, and the overdraft fees are wallet-pinching!
- Bank of America Advantage SafeBalance Banking® & Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking® For Students
- Chase Bank Student Checking Account Promotions: $100 Bonus
- Chase College Checking℠ Account Bonus: $100 Sign-Up Offer
- Best Student Checking Account Offers – January 2022
- TD Bank Student Checking Review: Free Checking For Students Under 24
- Santander Student Value Checking Review (Ages 14 – 25)
- BB&T Bank Student Checking Review (Students Age 23 & Younger)
- SunTrust Essential Checking For Students (High School, Technical School, College)
- KeyBank Student Checking Account Review (Students 16 To 24)
- PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student: Unique Features At Your School
- Wells Fargo Teen Checking & Everyday Student Checking Review
- Capital One 360 Money Account Review: Checking Account For Ages 13 To 17
- US Bank Student Checking Review: No Fees, No Minimums
Top/Trending Offers You May Like