- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Citadel Bank Promotions
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 60%
- ValueEditor: 80%
I’ll update this page with new sign-up promotions and bonuses from Citadel Bank for their Checking, Savings and other deposit accounts.
Citadel is headquartered in Exton, Pennsylvania and was established in 1937. They have around 25 locations in the Pennsylvania area.
A full line of banking services are provided by Citadel. I checked the rates on their Savings, Money Market and Certificate of Deposit accounts and you’re better off going with an online bank for that. See the Savings/Money Market and CD account pages for the best rates.
[Expired] Citadel $300, $400 Offers For Checking And Credit Card
- What you’ll get: $300 or $400 bonus
- Where it’s available: PA
- How to earn it:
- $300 Welcome Bonus for opening a new account with a qualifying direct deposit.
- Another $100 for opening and using ANY new Citadel credit card
- When it expires: 3/16/2020
There are several offers I’d recommend comparing this one to. A few great entry level Checking accounts with bonus offers include the Chase Total Checking® ($200 bonus), Bank of America Advantage Plus Banking® ($100 bonus), TD Bank Convenience CheckingSM ($150 bonus), BBVA Online Checking ($200 bonus) and HSBC Advance Checking (up to $240 bonus).
How To Earn The Bonus
FREE Checking $300 offer:
- Open a new Checking account and earn a $300 bonus deposit for qualifying direct deposit(s) totaling $500 or more posting to the new Checking account within 60 days of account opening.
- A qualifying direct deposit is defined as a recurring electronic deposit into Checking account of payroll, pension, Social Security, Government benefits, or other eligible regular monthly income.
Credit Card $100 offer:
- To earn an additional $100 cash bonus, Checking Cash Bonus offer requirements must be met, and customer must open a Citadel credit card with a limit of at least $1,000 within 60 days of Checking account opening in same account as Checking and must complete at least one credit card purchase per statement cycle for the first three Credit Card statement cycles.
Free Checking has no monthly fee.
Cashback Rewards Checking has a $10 monthly fee waived with $1,000 in qualifying Direct Deposit(s) per month.
- To claim the Cash Bonus deposit(s), customer must contact Citadel by calling 1-800-666-0191 or visiting the branch after completing the requirements.
- Bonus deposit(s) must be requested within 60 days of meeting the bonus offer requirements.
- Checking account must be open for 60 days before Checking bonus will be awarded.
- Credit Card must be open for three full statement cycles before Credit Card bonus will be awarded.
- Bonus deposit(s) will be awarded after Citadel confirms the requirements have been met and account has been open for at least 60 days for Checking and at least three statement cycles for Credit Card bonus(es).
- Account must be in good standing at time of incentive processing in order to receive the bonus. Bonuses may be reported on a 1099-INT.
- New Account Cash Bonus offer available to qualified new checking customers only.
- Customer must not have closed a Citadel checking account within the last 12 months and/or received a checking new account bonus previously.
- Limit one offer per household per lifetime.
- Offer may not be combined with any other new account offer.
- New Account Cash Bonus Offer may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
The $300 bonus is good value for the new Checking account. Better than the $200 offer in the past. Compare this offer with the best bank bonuses here.
The best bank promotions are updated here. Start with these pages for good offers:
Citadel CU $50 For You, $50 For Them Offer
For qualifying referrals, you and your referrals can earn a $50 bonus with this offer from Citadel CU.
- $50 referral bonus has no set expiration date
- Personal Checking accounts are eligib
- Since Citadel is a credit union, you can open an account if you live, work, worship, or study in the following Pennsylvania counties: Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lancaster*, Montgomery or Philadelphia. You can also become a Citadel customer if a member of your family or household is eligible to be a customer, no matter where you live.
- Direct Deposit is an optional requirement for this offer
- Application will trigger a Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
- You can fund the opening deposit with a credit card up to $500.
- The Free Checking account has no monthly fee. The other Checking options have monthly fees that can be waived.
How To Earn Up To $500 A Year
First, if you don’t already have a Checking account with Citadel CU, you can sign up for one here.
- Once you have a Citadel CU Checking account open, you can start making $50 per qualified referral, up to $500 a year. Your referrals will also earn their own $50 bonus.
- Qualifications: In order to receive the Reward Card, your friends and family members must first register for the program, then open a new Citadel checking account, keep the account open and in good standing for at least 30 days, AND complete the following requirements within 60 days of account opening:
- Complete one (1) or more direct deposits totaling a minimum of $250 to a Citadel Checking Account OR
- Complete ten (10) or more debit card transactions (excluding ATM withdrawals).
- Please allow up to 4-6 weeks, after completing all requirements of this offer, for delivery of your Reward Card.
- Registering for the program can be done in any of the following three convenient options:
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Chase Private Client||$2,000 Cash||Review|
|Chase Savings℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|Bank of America Checking||$100 Offer||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||Up To $240||Review|
|BBVA Checking & Savings||Up To $250||Review|
|You Invest℠ by J.P. Morgan||Up To $725||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,500||Review|
|Betterment||1 Year Free||Review|