State Employees Credit Union of Maryland, also known as SECU, is offering a $200 checking direct deposit bonus. It is also targeting existing customers with a $20 gas gift card for making debit card purchases.
Update 11/21/2022: The offer has been extended until 12/31/2022. See the link below for full up-to-date details.
Update 11/16/2022: Existing customers are getting an offer for a $20 gas gift card when making 20 debit card purchases. The offer was made via email and is valid between 11/15/22-12/15/22.
SECU was established in 1951 and is headquartered in Linthicum, Maryland. They have 24 locations throughout the state. If you don’t meet the residency and membership requirements for this bank’s offers, see our bank offers page for other offers. Top offers can be found from TD Bank, Chase Bank, HSBC Bank, Wells Fargo and more.
Membership in SECU of Maryland is open to employees, retirees and contractors of the state of Maryland, employees of Anne Arundel County, alumni, students, faculty and staff of University System of Maryland Schools, employees of organizations located in Maryland that receive federal, state or local funding, and over 500 local Select Employer Groups. See current membership info.
SECU Bonus: $200 Checking Direct Deposit Offer
- What you’ll get: $200
- Where it’s available: MD
- How to earn it: Sign up for their SECU Total™️ Checking & Rewards account online or in-branch and complete the following:
- Set up e-statements and
- Direct Deposit of at least $500/month that posts to your checking account within 90 days
- When it expires: 12/31/2022
Waive The Monthly Fee
Their Total Checking & Rewards account has no monthly fee.
- Qualifying direct deposits include recurring electronic deposits of payroll, pension or Social Security. Person to person, bank transfers or other electronic money transfers, such as those made through internet payment services, do not qualify.
- All criteria must be met within 90 days of opening the membership.
- SECU will credit one cash bonus of $200 to the primary owner of the new SECU checking account within 6 weeks of meeting the requirements.
- Promotional period and offer are subject to change at any time without notice.
- The promotional bonus is limited to one per member.
- Advertised bonus cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Membership eligibility required.
- Bonuses are considered miscellaneous income, and may be reported as income to the IRS on Form 1099-MISC.
- Federally insured by NCUA.
This offer is unique for allowing both new and existing Checking account holders to be eligible. The $200 bonus is good value, but it’s limited to Maryland only.
Compare with offers from Chase, Bank of America, TD Bank, Aspiration and more here.
READ MORE: SEE THE BEST BANK BONUSES HERE AND THE BEST INVESTING BONUSES HERE.
Leave a Reply