This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Find new promotions and offers from Popular Direct for their Savings and CD accounts here.
Popular Direct is a newer internet-only financial institution, with products being offered by Banco Popular North America (BPNA), a U.S. banking subsidiary of Popular, Inc. [NASDAQ: BPOP].
Popular Direct Promotions Review Below
Popular Direct Select Savings Account Offer (Nationwide)
Popular Direct has gained a lot of attention for providing one of the highest Savings rates with their online banking debut.
- Minimum deposit is $5,000
- Interest is compounded daily and credited to your account monthly on the last day of the month
- Deposits are FDIC insured
- You’ll be able to deposit checks using your smartphone with Mobile Deposits
- There’s a $4 monthly fee if your balance is under $500 on any day within a statement period
- If your account is closed within 180 days, there will be a $25 early account termination fee
- You’ll be able to transfer money out of this account using ACH transfer
- A maximum of 1 external linked bank account is allowed
- There is a 5 day hold on outgoing ACH transfers
- If your account is inactive for 12 months, there is a $5 per month inactivity fee
- There’s an excessive withdrawal fee of $5 for each additional debit exceeding the legal limit of 6 transfers or withdrawals on a statement cycle
Popular Direct 3 Month CD Rate
- Available nationwide
- Minimum for APY: $10,000
- Maximum for APY: –