TruStone Financial Credit Union is offering a $50 referral bonus. Referred member must open a new Primary Share and a Value, Premium or TruRate Checking account with a Visa debit card in a physical branch location.
Update 11/8/22: The CU is also offering a $350 checking bonus. The bonus has been extended through 12/31/22. Read about it here.
Established in 1939 and headquartered in Plymouth, Minnesota, TruStone Financial has grown to just under 20 locations in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Some report you need to be within their geographic location to join.
Membership in TruStone Financial Credit Union is open to anyone through donating to the TruStone Foundation . Membership is also open to the following: (1) those who live, work, attend school or worship in the cities of Minneapolis or St. Paul and in zip code 56301 in St. Cloud; (2) those who live or work in Milwaukee, Kenosha or Racine Counties of Wisconsin; (3) members and employees of Education Minnesota; (4) employees of Christian Heritage Academy, Institute of Production and Recording, Gannett Publishing Services, Apple Valley Medical Center and other area Select Employer Groups.
See current membership info.
TruStone Financial CU Promotion(s)
Trustone Financial CU $50 Referral Bonus
You and your referrals can earn a $50 bonus with this offer.
- Offer has no listed expiration date
- Offer available nationwide via membership
- Branches in Minnesota and Wisconsin
- Referred member must open a new Primary Share and a Value, Premium or TruRate Checking account with a Visa debit card in a physical branch location.
- Share and checking account must be opened on the same day.
- Coupon must be presented at time of account opening.
- Referred member must complete the following behaviors to receive referral dollars:
- 1) Make at least five debit card purchase transactions within 45 days of account opening.
- 2) Enroll in eStatements within 45 days of account opening. A
- $50 credit will be made to both parties if the behaviors are met at 45 days of account opening.
- Allow up to 60 days for credits to be made.
- Offer is void if the referred member already has a Primary Share with TruStone Financial or is an employee of the credit union.
- If the referred member’s account is closed within six months of opening, funds may be forfeited.
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older and a member in good standing of the credit union.
- Participants are responsible for all taxes incurred.
- $5 membership is required.
- Promotion may be discontinued at any time without warning and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Find more bank bonuses here, including offers from Bank of America, Chase, TD Bank, HSBC, Aspiration and more.
READ MORE: SEE THE BEST BANK BONUSES HERE AND THE BEST INVESTING BONUSES HERE.
This PROMOTION is back. They still do credit card funding. Didn’t check if max was more than 2k. Just went with 2k max that was on this site. Waiting on approval of application.
Offer valid 6/8/20-8/16/20. Cash back amount is based on the following completed actions within 45 days of account opening:
1) $100 for total recurring direct deposits of at least $500.
2) $50 for enrolling in eStatements.
Got denied even though I did the DONATION TO FOUNDATION thing. Called them and the lady on the phone said they denied it because I’m out of the geographic location and that I need to be in the geographic location even with the foundation membership. Told her that they need to specify that on their documentation. She didn’t seem to care about that. Just said unfortunately you need to be. She then ask why I need to open an account so far from my state. Told her they have some benefits the ones here doesn’t offer plus I need regional diversification from those that trying to take my money. That shit is actually true. Saved my ass in 2006 and 2014 in the recessions when the unscrupulous creditors vultures who bought my debt came after my accounts. Managed to get one frozen and I had to go to court and challenge. Luckily for me all my eggs wasn’t in one basket and there was money elsewhere that I could survive on. So someone would say why do you need 6 accounts. I’d say If you’ve ever had your main account frozen or garnished you’ll not be asking that question.
Ki, appreciate all the feedback on this one.