This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
- 1 Insight Savings Account Earns 5%!
- 2 Compare To Other Savings Accounts
- 3 Discover Bank Money Market Account Earns up to 2.95% APY (Nationwide)
- 4 Ally Bank Money Market Account Earns 3.00% APY (Nationwide)
- 5 Vio Bank Money Market Account Earns 3.62% APY (Nationwide)
- 6 Marcus By Goldman Sachs Online Savings Earns 3.00% APY (Available Nationwide)
- 7 Capital One 360 Performance Savings $100, $500, $1000 Bonus + 3.00% APY [Nationwide]
- 8 Quontic Bank Money Market Account Earns 3.00% APY (Nationwide)
- 9 Quontic Bank High Yield Savings Account Earns 3.20% APY (Nationwide)
- 10 Betterment Cash Reserve Account Earns 3.20% APY
- 11 Axos Bank UFB High Rate Savings & Money Market Accounts Earn 3.91% APY
- 12 Citizens Access Online Savings Rate (3.00% APY) and CD Rates (up to 3.45% APY) – Available Nationwide
- 13 Redneck Bank Mega Money Market Account Earns 4.00% APY (Nationwide)
- 14 First Internet Bank Money Market Account Earns 3.04% APY or 3.87% APY (Nationwide)
- 15 CIT Bank Savings Connect Earns 3.60% APY (Nationwide)
- 16 Sallie Mae Bank Online Money Market Earns 3.20% APY (Nationwide)
- 17 Northern Bank Direct Money Market Account Earns 3.25% APY (Nationwide)
The Insight Visa Prepaid Reloadable Card is a nationwide card that makes clients eligible to open a savings account, the Insight Savings Account, connected to the card. The cool thing is, this Savings account actually earns a VERY good rate.
Insight Savings Account Earns 5%!
The Insight Savings Account has an APY rate of 5% (as of January 1, 2015) with a maximum balance of $5000.
The best way to add money to your card is have your paycheck or Federal benefits deposited automatically at no charge. You can also add funds via Paypal and at major retailers, such as Walmart, with GreenDot Reload the Register or Visa Readylink.
Insight Visa Prepaid Features
- Real time activity alerts sent to you via Insight Text or Email 24/7
- Easily transfer money from the card to the savings account automatically or manually online
- Pay bills or individuals with convenience checks (must be authorized before use) or via Insight Online Bill Pay
- Get a second card for a spouse, family member or someone who you’d like to have access to the funds on your card (similar to a joint account)
- Transfer funds between Insight Card accounts
- Get access to your direct deposit up to 3 days earlier than other banks/prepaid card options
Insight Savings Account
- To keep the Insight Savings account open, you need to maintain the minimum balance of just $10.
- While there is a max balance of $5000, the balance may exceed this amount once the interest posts to the account.
- You can not deposit your paycheck directly to your savings account but you can transfer those funds from your prepaid card to your savings. The interest on this account compounds on a daily basis but is paid quarterly.
- The interest rate itself is 4.88%, with a 5% APY.
- Keep in mind, you cannot withdrawal money via ATM from your savings. The maximum withdrawal or transfer amount from the savings account is $1500 within a 24 hour period.
- Like all Savings accounts, federal standards limit the amount of withdrawals to 6 per month. If you exceed 6 transactions three months in a row, your account may be closed and you could forfeit the interest you earned.
More About Insight
- Insight provides financial solutions for people who do not have a traditional bank account.
- The Insight Visa Prepaid Reloadable Card is a Green Dot product (operated by Walmart’s pattern Axiom Bank).
- Insight’s routing number is 063192874.
- To find your Insight account number, log in to your account online.
- Insight is headquartered in Birmingham, AL while Axiom operates out of Florida.
This card and Savings account is ideal for those who want to save a small amount of funds in case of emergency while paying bills and daily transactions. Moving funds from card to Savings account and vice versa is simple and at no cost.
However, like most prepaid cards, there are fees that go along with transactions and customer support calls.