This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
BankUnited currently has a Checking account promotion offering up to $120 per year in bonus money. BankUnited has 105 branches throughout New York and Florida, and this offer is only available to local residents.
If you don’t reside in either of these two states, browse this bank bonus list here instead for other options. The $300 and $250 coupon bonuses from Chase Bank are probably the most popular nationally.
Here’s How The BankUnited Promo Works:
The offer is for their Bonus Interest Relationship Checking account and you get to earn up to $10 each month, for $120/year.
You’re basically earning a 1% bonus on your monthly direct deposits, such as payroll, social security benefits, pension payments and interest transfers. The max monthly bonus is $10 with this method.
You have to maintain a minimum daily balance of at least $5,000 in your account to be eligible. This Checking account also earns interest on all balances of $1,000 or more as well (currently 0.25% at the time of this article).
If you maintain the $5,000 minimum balance, you’ll avoid the monthly maintenance fee.
Here Are The Account Features:
- Bonus Paid
- Free standard checks
- Free Online Banking & Bill Pay featuring FinanceWorks™
- Free eStatements with Online Banking
- Free ATM transactions at BankUnited ATMs
- Free Visa Check Card
- Minimum deposit to open this account is $1,000
- Monthly maintenance fee of $15 waived when minimum balance requirement is met
- Non-BankUnited ATM transactions 3 (20 free, $2/transaction in excess of 20)
1. To be eligible to receive the bonus you must maintain, during each statement cycle, a $5,000 minimum daily balance in your Bonus Interest Relationship Checking account and a $25,000 minimum combined total balance in an eligible linked BankUnited consumer checking, savings or certificate of deposit account. A bonus of 1% (up to a maximum of $10 per statement cycle) on the aggregate amount of all monthly ACH credits, such as payroll, social security payments, pension payments and interest transfers will be credited to your checking account beginning with the statement cycle following the first complete statement cycle after account opening. Account must be open at the end of each statement cycle to be eligible to receive the bonus. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is 0.25% as of 1/15/14 on all balances of $1,000 or more. The rate is subject to change without notice. Account fees could reduce earnings. The amount of the bonus may be reported to the IRS as required by applicable law. Terms and conditions of this offer may change at any time.
2. To avoid the imposition of a monthly maintenance fee you must maintain during each statement cycle a minimum daily balance of $5,000 in the account.
3. A $2 per transaction fee will be charged for each non-proprietary ATM transaction over twenty (20) during each statement cycle. Fees from non-proprietary ATMs may also apply. (Applies to withdrawals and/or inquiries).
Please see our Depositor’s Agreement Terms and Conditions for additional information. At our discretion, we may change the interest rate at any time without notice and as often as daily. Fees may reduce earnings. Early closeout fee of $15 is charged if account is closed within 180 days of the account opening date.
Bonus Interest Relationship Checking
Open a Bonus Interest Relationship Checking account and earn up to $10 every month. That’s because our Bonus Interest Relationship Checking offers you a 1% bonus, paid on all monthly direct deposits, such as payroll, social security benefits, pension payments and interest transfers when linked to an eligible account.