Shopping portals are a great way to save money.
There are about 50 or so of them out there in cyber land but two really can make the savings happen. MrRebates and Ebates are two of the oldest shopping portal sites on the web and they both offer great savings opportunities but one has to be better than the other right? [My Mr.Rebates review here and my Ebates review here]
They are similar sites but not the same. Each offers the rebates from your favorite retailers, each offers options when it comes to how you get your money back like a paper check or a Paypal deposit and each offers coupon codes that can add to your savings.
You can stack the deals at both sites. Ebates and MrRebates offers coupon codes and rebates. They also both offer an impressive number of retailers in their arsenal with MrRebates coming in a little higher at 2000 stores while Ebates offers 1600. You can stack coupon codes and rebates to save at both sites.
Both sites offer sign up bonuses but they vary. For example Ebates is offering a $10 gift card for signing up while MrRebates is offering $5 sign on bonus.
Ebates offers higher rebates than MrRebates does however Ebates only pays out quarterly while MrRebates pays out monthly as long as you meet the minimum $10. Ebates is also nicer to look at and a bit easier to use. MrRebates has a utilitarian feel to the site and you have to click back through to the site after making the purchase to make sure you get your rebate.
Ebates is easier to use but that once every quarter payment is not that attractive. MrRebates wins out in the payment forum because it is nice to know you can get money out of your account every month and you do not have to wait.
They are both great sites and they both have their positive and negatives but if you have to absolutely choose between the two then you should choose Ebates. I’ve been using Ebates for nearly a decade I’d have to say, and I just don’t see a reason to choose another.
Ebates offers larger rebates than MrRebates does for most items, it is easier to use and is more aesthetically pleasing according to users that were asked about such things. Of course it is a drag to have to wait for three months to cash out but think of it as money in the bank!
If you shop enough you can join both sites and take advantage of the deals.
Use the links below to sign up free and use the services for free:
*Compare all the best cash back shopping sites here. See the pages below for more individual site reviews.
- TopCashback: Cash Back Scam Or Legit?
- Should You Use Mr. Rebates’ Shopping Portal For Cash Back?
- Extrabux Cashback Shopping Review: Legit Or Scam?
- Ebates Review: Cash Back Shopping | $10 Sign Up & Unlimited $25 Referral Bonuses
- Best Credit Card Cash Back Shopping Portals: Chase, Barclays, Discover
- Best Cash Back Shopping Sites Everyone Should Be Using (Free Cash, Points, Rewards!)
- Upromise Cash Back For College Review: Unique College Savings Platform
- Swagbucks Cash Back Shopping Review: $3 & 10% Bonus
- Simply Best Coupons Cash Back Shopping Review
- iConsumer Cash Back Shopping: $5 In Bitcoin & 5% For Life Referral Promotion
- BeFrugal Cash Back Shopping Review: $10 & $15 Promotions
- Paribus Review: Scam Or Great Way To Save Time And Money Shopping?
- Best Online Cash Back Shopping Site: Mr.Rebates vs. Ebates!