- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- BeFrugal Cash Back Shopping
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
BeFrugal has been around since 2009. The company was one of the earliest champions of coupons and not just within the realm of consumer electronics or services but something as essential as groceries. The Boston based company is one of the largest among those offering online and printable coupons. It is a market leader in coupons for grocery stores and restaurants.
If you’re not familiar with these programs/sites, they basically partner up with retailers and split the commissions they earn with you. They are free to use, so there’s really no reason not to take advantage of them.
BeFrugal $10 Cash Bonus
Again, BeFrugal is free to use and you can earn a $10 cash bonus for signing up.
- There’s no set expiration for this $10 bonus deal.
- Members eligible for a Sign-Up Bonus who have joined BeFrugal on or after Jul 10, 2017 must earn $10 in Cash Back within 90 days of join date to earn a Sign-Up Bonus.
- Each member is eligible for one Sign-Up Bonus.
- Updated info on the bonus requirements
BeFrugal $15 Per Referral Bonus
Once you’ve signed up for a free BeFrugal account, you can then start making referrals, earning $15 per qualified referral. The referred can also earn the $10 sign-up bonus as well.
- Offer has a set expiration date, but it’s always renewing to the same or better offer.
- Earn $15 for every friend you refer to BeFrugal and each friend will also get a $10 sign-up bonus opportunity.
- There is no set limit to the amount of referral bonuses you can earn.
- Referrals must use your referral link and earn $10 or more in Cash Back within 365 days of account creation for you to receive your bonus money.
- For your friend to earn their $10 bonus – if they joined on or after Jul 10, 2017, they must earn $10 in Cash Back within 90 days of the join date to earn the Sign-Up Bonus.
- You can share your link via email, social media (Facebook, Twitter), or as a banner on your website if you have one.
Hands up, who doesn’t like to get free stuff? We all do. And BeFrugal is a platform that pays you for spending your money on goods you would normally buy anyway. Sounds like a perfect scenario, right?
Well, we have done a little investigating to find out whether BeFrugal is as good as it makes out to be.
First off, we like their name. It inspires one to be thrifty and not penny foolish. If it helps us save, then it’s already a great avenue to follow.
By shopping online you can earn cash back. It’s that simple. And how do they do it?
By forming great partnerships with various retailers and merchants, BeFrugal gets paid commission every time you make a purchase with them. They, then, pay that commission back to you.
BeFrugal started out in 2009 and have gained momentum to the degree that they now have over 50,000 stores, and 500 online stores, in the USA, where you, the customer, can purchase from and earn cash back.
How Do You Sign Up?
Sign up free with BeFrugal online using your email address, Facebook or Google account. You will instantly get a $10 bonus for joining up (be sure to check the current requirements, which sometimes changes).
What’s The Process To Earning Cash Back?
Once you have signed up, for free, all you need to do is:
- BROWSE. BeFrugal has easy drop down menus, where you can choose what category you wish to browse in. Choose from baby goods, electronics, sports goods, travel, clothing and much more. This makes it easier to find just what you are looking for. If you know what merchant you wish to shop with, then search via their store area.
- SHOP. Shopping couldn’t be easier. Find what you want, add it to your basket, and cash out by paying with your Visa or MasterCard.
- EARN CASHBACK. Each retailer or online store will have their own set of cash back % rates, which they will inform you of before you purchase one of their products. It would be advisable to compare a few retailers before deciding on the one. So, initial research is required, if you want to make the most of your BeFrugal experience.
Coupons are a big deal in America. Many a housewife has saved a packet by investing time in collecting and using coupons. BeFrugal is aware of this and have an offering of coupons such as:
- Online Coupons. Some merchants will offer coupons that can only be used online. They wish to push their online stores, and by offering discounted coupons, they can grow this market. BeFrugal has a great listing of the latest online coupons on their site. Walmart, Target, Microsoft, and Kohl’s are just a few who are cashing in on the online coupon craze.
- Restaurant Coupons. Eating out is great, but it can become an expensive endeavor, especially when you are a family of four or more. The Restaurant coupons on BeFrugal are aplenty, and you can choose from the likes of McDonald’s, Red Lobster, Taco Bell, Subway, and many more. BeFrugal is aware that eating out is a great American pastime, and has provided you with some great discounts to keep you out there, enjoying all the tastes on offer.
- Printable Coupons. Sometimes, you don’t want to shop online, so printable coupons are perfect for going out to the actual store with. Simply buy the coupon you want, head on out there, and get your discount. Choose from many such as JCPenney, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Reebok, Party City, and Kirklands, just to name a few.
- Grocery Coupons. Groceries must be bought every month, so if you can save a few dollars here and there, then you have lost nothing. Simply choose your printable grocery coupon, and be prepared for a slightly longer payout at the till, while they scan in all your coupons.
- Weekly Ad Circular. To keep abreast of what discounts are on offer on coupons, check out the Weekly Ad Circular that BeFrugal offers.
What Are Their Deals About?
BeFrugal likes to promote certain deals, so click on Deals and you will find some super offers, generally for limited time periods.
If all you need is a restaurant coupon or deal, then go to their Restaurant link, where you can search for your favorite restaurant. There you can then search further for a special discount that suits your pocket and need.
What Is The Bonus Cash Back Section About?
Sometimes, merchants, will want to push certain deals, and offer extra cash backs on top of their already discounted price. There are those that offer a 100% discount on top of the previous discount, so be sure not to miss out on these.
What If I Need Help?
BeFrugal has a great Live Chat link, where you can chat to their online consultants during their business hours. From issues with your account, discounts, coupons, and any other BeFrugal problems, you can have a one-on-one live chat and get it sorted out as soon as possible.
Everything goes mobile nowadays, and BeFrugal has kept up with the times with their Mobile App, which allows you to access the coupons of over 250 restaurants, coupons and deals of over 50,000 stores, and up to 40% cash back at 5,000 stores. The mobile app is available in both the Apple App Store and Google Play for Android users.
If you are a keen blog follower, then subscribe, and receive BeFrugal blogs, often highlighting specials and deals, but sometimes just interesting info that is both helpful and informative.
How Do I Get Paid Out?
You can choose to get paid out in cash into your preferred account or via PayPal or via check.
Referring a friend will earn you extra cash back. Add on BeFrugal Add-on, which is a web browser extension to help you find more deals easier, and have a look at their Fly or Drive Calculator, which will help you work out if its better on your pocket to fly or drive to your destination.
In ending, we like the BeFrugal guys, and can see the benefit, in so far as saving on purchases that you would normally make on a daily or monthly basis. They’ve made it on our list of the best Cash Back Shopping sites due to their cash back rates on popular stores.
If you’re still deciding on which cash back portal to use, we recommend checking the cash back rates of your favorite stores using CashBackMonitor to get an idea of which site is the best fit for you. Many users find having two sites for most of their cash back shopping needs ideal; any more and you’ll thin out your earnings too much to reap your rewards in a timely manner.
Here Are All The Best Cash Back Shopping Sites:
- iConsumer Cash Back Shopping: $5 In Bitcoin & 5% For Life Referral Promotion
- Upromise Cash Back For College Review: Unique College Savings Platform
- Best Credit Card Cash Back Shopping Portals: Chase, Barclays, Discover
- BeFrugal Cash Back Shopping Review: $10 & $15 Promotions
- Simply Best Coupons Cash Back Shopping Review
- Jewel Review: Luxury Cashback Shopping Portal ($5 Sign Up Bonus)
- Paribus Review: Scam Or Great Way To Save Time And Money Shopping?
- Best Cash Back Shopping Sites Everyone Should Be Using (Free Cash, Points, Rewards!)
- Ebates Review: Cash Back Shopping | $10 Sign Up & Unlimited $25 Referral Bonuses
- Extrabux Cashback Shopping Review: Legit Or Scam?
- TopCashback: Cash Back Scam Or Legit?
- Should You Use Mr. Rebates’ Shopping Portal For Cash Back?
- Swagbucks Cash Back Shopping Review: $3 & 10% Bonus
- Best Online Cash Back Shopping Site: Mr.Rebates vs. Ebates!
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase Savings℠||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Sapphire℠ Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase College Checking℠||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||$350 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Direct Savings||2.22% APY||Review|
|HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card||$150 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Premier Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||2.45% APY||Review|
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®||70,000 Miles||Review|
|Ally Invest||$3,500 Cash||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$600 Cash||Review|