This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Getaround is now offering $20 in credit for new users. You’ll also get a $20 bonus for each new person you refer to the peer-to-peer (P2P) car share platform. The bonus jumps to $200 for each new car owner you refer.
Getaround is like AirBNB. But instead of renting out someone’s spare room, you’re renting out someone’s spare car. And compared to traditional car rental companies, Getaround is both cheaper and less of a painful process.
Getaround $20 Welcome Offer
Get $20 in bonus credit when you register with Getaround using this referral link. Your welcome bonus is good for one trip and valid for six months.
Getaround $20/$200 Referral Bonuses
Get a $20 bonus credit for each person who signs up for a Getaround account using your invite link and completes their first trip. Each of your referrals will also get a $20 credit towards their first rental.
You’ll also get a $200 referral bonus for each person who signs up for an account using your invite link and lists their car on Getaround.
There’s no limit to the number of credits you can earn. Each referral bonus is valid for one trip and expires in six months. For more details, click here.
How Getaround Works
Getaround works differently for car renters and car sharers. Let’s have a look at each process below.
Here’s how to rent a car on Getaround:
- Sign up for a Getaround account and get a $20 bonus credit.
- Search for available cars. Choose from sedans, trucks, convertibles, vans and more.
- Book a car. Rent by the hour or by the day.
- Locate and unlock the car using your phone.
- When you’re done, park and lock the car using your phone.
Keep in mind, all Getaround trips are covered with insurance and 24/7 roadside assistance. There are also no subscription or monthly membership fees. Simply pay for the time you need.
Want to share your car on Getaround? If your car is a 2006 or newer model with under 125,000 miles on it, it makes the Getaround cut (as of this update). Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a Getaround account.
- Get onboarded to the Getaround network.
- List your car. Use Getaround’s support team to maximize your earnings.
- Get connected with the Getaround Connect device. It enables others to unlock your car with their phone.
- Set your car’s availability.
- Earn money when your car gets rented out.
It’s important to note: Getaround trips are covered by a $1 million insurance policy with roadside assistance included. All Getaround renters are also required to pass a driver safety screening.
Getaround is available in over 300 cities worldwide, including the following ones in the U.S.:
- Los Angeles
- New Jersey
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington D.C.
Getaround is a neat option for those looking for an alternative to traditional rental cars. Not only is the service cheaper, but it’s also more efficient. For car owners, it’s a great way to earn money when your car isn’t in use.
For a similar platform, check out Gig Car Share. Created by AAA, Gig is now offering $15 to $25 welcome bonus and $15 to $25 referral credits.
Top Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Business Complete Banking℠ $300 Bonus
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- U.S. Bank Checking $300 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses