Select Amex members may find a deal for a one-time $300 statement credit when you spend a minimum of $1,500 in one or more transactions directly with Qantas Airways.
Update 10/20/22: The offer is back until 11/30/22
Select members will find this deal on their Amex Offers page when they log in. This offer is for a one-time $300 statement credit when you spend $1,500 or more in one or more transactions directly with Qantas Airways online at qantas.com.
- You need to book your flights through the Qantas U.S. website or Qantas U.S. mobile app — purchasing through one of the Qantas international websites may deem your transaction ineligible. You have to purchase your flights online as this offer won’t work for any transactions done outside of the online reservation system.
- Along the same lines, your purchase needs to be charged in U.S. dollars, so ensure the currency being displayed on your screen is not in Australian dollars.
- Your flight purchase needs to be complete by November 30, 2022, however, your actual flights can occur after this. Typically, airlines do not let you book tickets for more than a year out, so the last day you could theoretically fly under this offer would be November 30, 2023.
- You’re able to use this offer to purchase any ancillary expenses along with your ticket — typically seat assignment fees, checked baggage, and lounge access — though these need to be purchased with the original ticket in 1 single purchase.
- Your flights need to originate in the U.S., so this offer can’t be used for intra-Australia flights, for example. Qantas flies from San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), and Dallas (DFW), and its New York City (JFK) tag flight is expected to resume at some stage as well. You can fly to Brisbane (BNE), Melbourne (MEL), or Sydney (SYD), and of course, connect from there to anywhere Qantas serves.
About Amex Offers
Amex Offers are an extra perk that come with all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards.
You can get a statement credit or more Membership Rewards points when you spend a certain amount at an eligible merchant. You will have to add the offer to a specific card and then use that card to get the credit.
You should put the offer on the card you like best. Each person can only get one Amex Offer at a time. The same offer can be used both as a Membership Rewards offer and as a statement credit offer.
To earn the statement credit, the flight must originate in the US. For Americans looking to visit Australia, you must take advantage of this offer.