- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Tony Phan
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 95%
- ValueEditor: 90%
Read about all current U.S. Bank Checking and Savings account promotions here.
Offers change throughout the year, but typical past bonuses have been for $100, $150, $200, $300, etc.
Established in 1863, U.S. Bank has branch locations in the following states: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, NM, NV, OH, OR, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WI, and WY. They are the 4th largest bank in the nation when ranked by the number of branches, with over 3,200 locations.
U.S. Bank $150 To $200 Personal Checking Bonus
You can earn a $150 bonus with a new US Bank personal Checking account, or a total $200 bonus for a new Checking account and US Bank Credit Card. Direct Deposit is an optional requirement for this offer.
How To Earn The $150 Checking Bonus
- Enter in your email address at the offer page to receive your promotion code.
- Open a new U.S. Bank Silver, Gold or Platinum Checking package and do ONE of the following within 60 days of opening:
- Complete one or more direct deposits totaling at least $500, OR
- Complete two or more U.S. Bank Bill Pay transactions of $25 each within 60 days of account opening.
- The Checking Account bonus will be deposited into your new Checking Account within 60 days of Direct Deposit or Bill Pay verification, as long as your account is open.
- Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- You must not have an existing US Bank personal checking account, had one in the last 6 months, or have received another US Bank bonus in 2016 already.
- If you choose the Direct Deposit option, reports have shown that alternatives such as ACH, Alliant, and PayPal will trigger the requirement.
How To Earn Another $50 Bonus
- Open a U.S. Bank Credit Card with your new checking package and make two separate net purchases totaling at least $25 each within 60 days of credit card account opening.
- Qualifying Credit Cards: Cash+ Visa Signature, Cash+ Visa Platinum, Cash 365 American Express, FlexPerks Select+ American Express, FlexPerks Select Rewards Visa, Visa Platinum, FlexPerks Travel Rewards Visa Signature & FlexPerks Gold American Express.
- Allow 6-8 weeks after meeting the bonus requirement to see the $50 statement credit.
Waive The Monthly Fees
Choose your preferred Checking account option to see how to waive the Monthly Fee.
The Monthly Fee is $8.95 with paper statements and $6.95 with online statements. Waive this fee by meeting these requirements:
- With online statements, AND
- A Package Money Market Savings account, AND
- Monthly direct deposits of at least $1,000 OR a combined average deposit balance of $1,500
The Monthly Fee is $12.95 with paper statements and $10.95 with online statements. Waive this fee by meeting these requirements:
- With online statements, AND
- A U.S. Bank personal loan, line OR credit card
The Monthly Fee is $19.95 with paper statements and $17.95 with online statements. Waive this fee by meeting these requirements:
- With online statements, AND
- $25,000 in combined personal deposits, investments and/or credit balances, OR
- A relationship with U.S. Bank Trust Services
U.S. Bank promotions that are available online don’t run year-round, so it’s good to take advantage of them when you can. If you’re not into the additional $50 bonus for a new credit card, the $150 Checking account bonus is still a solid offer. Be sure to see all the updated Bank Promotions here.
US Bank START Smart Savings $100 Bonus
US Bank is currently promoting their START Smart Savings program with a $100 bonus.
- First, open a new Silver Checking Package.
- Then, link it with a Package Money Market Savings account.
- Enroll in the START Smart program.
- Transfer money from your Silver Checking Package to your Package Money Market Savings account each month.
- Once you’ve transferred/saved at least $500, you’ll earn the $50 bonus. You must do this within 12 months of enrollment.
- For the additional $50 bonus, use your debit card for gas and grocery purchases. You’re earning 1% on Gas and Groceries with the debit card.
- Your $50 START Smart program bonus and the 1% bonus (up to another $50) will be deposited into your Package Money Market Savings account the first business day occurring after 12 months of enrollment.
- Promotion Link: $100 Savings Promotion
- U.S. Bank START Smart Savings Program – Enrollment is required within 90 days of account opening
- You must be a new customer with a new personal Silver Checking Package and a new or existing Package Money Market Savings account
- Additionally, at least one owner name on the Silver Checking Package must also be on the Package Money Market Savings account
- A qualifying transfer from your Silver Checking Package to your Package Money Market Savings account must be scheduled during enrollment
- To be paid the goal reward and/or bonus, both the associated Silver Checking Package and Package Money Market Savings account must remain open through the program end date, which is 12 months after the enrollment date
- A minimum opening deposit of $25 per account is required and all regular account-opening procedures apply
US Bank Targeted Checking Promotion
US Bank is sending out bonus offers to targeted markets and individuals via letter or email, so if you haven’t gotten an offer you’ll have to reach out to a banker to see if you can get a promo code to enter into the online application process.
- Promotion Link: U.S. Bank Bonus Page
- Expiration: None Stated
- Bonus Amount: Variable depending on letter/email offer
- Competitor Bonus:
- Account(s) Eligible: Easy, Silver, Gold, Premium, Platinum Checking
- Availability: Nationwide
- Hard/Soft Inquiry: Soft
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding Eligibility: Up to $500
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Recurring $500 within 60 days
- Direct Deposit Alternatives: ACH, Alliant, Paypal
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $25
- Bonus Requirements:
- Open an eligible Checking account by the bonus expiration date on your letter/email with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Set up a recurring Direct Deposit within 60 days of account opening.
- Be sure to use the promotion code listed on your offer
US Bank $200 Checking Bonus
*It looks like this offer has expired, but target offers get sent out all the time periodically.
This $200 offer is being sent to US Bank credit card customers only, so there’s no online link.
It looks like the offer is good through 03/31/2016.
Checking account options eligible for this offer include the Silver, Gold, and Platinum Checking packages.
The bonus requires setting up Direct Deposits of $500 or more within 60 days of account opening. It’s unfortunate that there’s no online offer link, but you could always try bringing it up with a banker in-branch.
More Top Bank Bonuses:
- EverBank Review: Checking, Money Market, CD Promotions And Bonuses
- BBVA Compass Bank Checking, Savings, CD Account Promotions
- Discover Online Savings & Money Market Promotions, Offers
- Chase $150 – $350 Checking & Savings Coupon Bonuses When Opening
- TD Bank Bonus For Checking & Savings Accounts: $100 To $400 Cash
- Santander Bank Review: $225 Personal & $250 Business Checking Bonuses
- PNC Bank Review: $400, $300, $200, $100 Promotions!
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Bonus, March 2017
- Northpointe Bank Review: $50 Bonus And 5% APY Checking!
- CIT Bank Online Promotions: $200 Savings Account Bonus!
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions: $200 Checking Account Bonus
- KeyBank Review: $200, $250, $300, $400 Promotions
- SunTrust Bank Review: $200, $300, $400 Promotions!
Check back at this page for new U.S. Bank promotions and bonuses!