Qantas Airways, the flag carrier of Australia, is the third-oldest airline in the world. The Oneworld founding member flies to 27 international destination in 14 countries across Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and Oceania, not counting destinations served by its subsidiaries.
See our best credit card bonuses here.
Frequent Flyer is the loyalty program of Qantas, letting members earn and spend points on flights, upgrades and other experiences with the carrier and its partners. Keep reading for everything you need to know about Qantas Frequent Flyer.
|Hubs||Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney|
|Redemption Options||Flights, upgrades, lounge access, merchandise, gift cards, hotel rooms, rental cars, wine, insurance, donations|
|Average Point Value||$0.011|
Qantas Frequent Flyer Elite Status
Qantas Frequent Flyer has four elite status tiers: Silver, Gold, Platinum and Platinum One. To go from one tier to the next, you must earn a certain number of Status Credits:
|STATUS TIER||STATUS CREDITS REQUIRED|
|Platinum One||3,600 |
(at least 2,700 on Qantas flights)
The number of Status Credits earned per flight depends on where you fly, as well as airline and fare purchased. The more premium the cabin and the more flexible the fare, the more Status Credits you earn.
Your status benefits unlock the moment you reach a tier until the end of the next full membership year.
|Status Bonus Points w/ Qantas & Jetstar||50%||75%||100%||100%|
|Status Bonus Points w/ American Airlines||50%||75%||100%||100%|
|Preferred & complimentary seating||X||X||X||X|
|Preferential access to Classic Flight Reward Seats||X||X||X||X|
|International upgrades 2 days to departure||X||X|
|International upgrades 7 days to departure||X|
|Gift Platinum membership||X|
|Dedicated Platinum One Team support||X|
|Complimentary Extra Legroom Seating||X|
|Priority waitlist/airport standby||X||X||X||X|
|Additional checked bag allowance||X||X||X||X|
|Chip-enabled Qantas Card||X||X||X||X|
|Chip-enabled Q Bag Tags||X||X||X||X|
|Premium security lanes||Domestic||X||X|
|Priority checked baggage||X||X||X|
|Qantas Club||1 invite||X||X||X|
|Qantas Domestic Business Lounge||X||X|
|Qantas International Business Lounge||X||X||X|
|Access to Oneworld member lounges||X||X||X|
|Access to Emirates Business Lounge||X||X||X|
|Access to Qantas First Lounge||X||X|
|Access to Emirates First Lounge||X||X|
|2 complimentary lounge invitations||X|
|Choice of Platinum Bonus Reward||X||X|
|Bonus Qantas Points||X|
|Qantas Wine membership||X|
|Qantas Golf Club Premium membership||X|
|Access to Qantas MCA Lounge||X|
|Invitations to special events and experiences||X|
Earning Qantas Points
Earn Qantas Points on every eligible flight with Qantas, Jetstar and over 50 Oneworld member and partner airlines, as well as their affiliates. How many points you earn depends on the fare class and type of ticket you purchased.
Partner airlines include:
You can also earn points when you travel or shop with Qantas Frequent Flyer partners.
- Hotels, including Qantas Hotels, Accor, Airbnb, Choice, Hilton, IHG, Marriott, Radisson, TFE, Hyatt and Swiss-Belhotel.
- Rental cars, including Qantas Transfers, Avis and Budget.
- Qantas Activities, with Viator.
- The Qantas Club
If you’re short on points needed for a redemption, you can purchase them in blocks of 1,000.
Earning Qantas Points with American Express Membership Rewards®
One of the easiest ways to earn Qantas Points is by transferring your American Express Membership Rewards® points at a 1:1 ratio. Credit cards that earn Amex Membership Rewards include:
|Personal Cards||The Platinum Card® from American Express|
American Express® Gold Card
American Express® Green Card
|Business Cards||The Business Platinum Card® from American Express|
American Express® Business Gold Card
Other transfer partners include:
*With a 5,000-point bonus for every 60,000 points transferred.
Redeeming Qantas Points
Qantas Points expire after 18 months of inactivity. Make sure to earn or burn points at least every year and a half to keep your account active.
Redeem your Qantas Points for flights with Qantas and Jetstar:
- Classic Flight Rewards. This is a great option if you’re looking for value.
- Points Plus Pay Flights. Use a combination of points and cash.
- Classic Upgrade Rewards. Upgrade to Premium Economy, Business or First if you’re flying on a Qantas-marketed and operated flight.
- Bid Now Upgrades. If your ticket is eligible, you may be invited to use your points, or a combination of points and cash, to upgrade to a more premium cabin.
Classic Flight Rewards are available with all the airline partners below. Points Plus Pay Flights are only available with selected partner airlines.
The Qantas Club gives unlimited access to the largest airline lounge network in Australia and overseas, as well as the following perks:
- One complimentary guest invite each time you travel.
- On departure upgrade rewards on domestic Classic Flight Rewards.
- Additional checked baggage when flying Economy and Premium Economy and priority check-in on Qantas flights.
- Discounts on Qantas meeting rooms in Australia.
|One Year||52,000 points||$360|
|Two Years||89,000 points||$580|
|Four Years||155,000 points||$1,150|
There’s also a one-time joining fee of 37,000 Qantas Points.
Use your Qantas Points for:
- Products and gift cards from the Qantas Store.
- Hotel stays via Qantas Hotels or Luxury Escapes.
- Rental cars with Avis, Budget, Hertz or Thrifty.
- Wine, spirits and gourmet food from Qantas Wine.
- Health, travel, car and life insurance through Qantas Insurance.
- Woolworths eGift cards.
- Charitable donations.
Qantas Frequent Flyer Tips & Tricks
Upgrades on Qantas-operated flights. Requesting an upgrade with points is a painless process, and you’ll have a good chance at getting them cleared.
Qantas domestic & trans-Tasman business class. There’s often availability if you have flexible travel dates, and if you look for an award seat early enough.
Jetstar Starclass. Jetstar flies a number of domestic and international routes that Qantas does not cover. Plus, you’ll get a 20% points discount for Jetstar Starclass when it’s available on a route.
Redemptions with Qantas-specific partners. Particularly Emirates and Fiji Airways. These partners are not available through global alliances.
Oneworld classic flight awards. These are huge, multi-stop itineraries that include two or more oneworld airlines without Qantas, or three or more airlines with Qantas.
Qantas regularly offers exclusive promotions, letting you earn bonus points with various partners. Sign up for the Qantas mailing list and keep a close eye on the Qantas website, so you can stay on top of these limited-time deals. Make sure to read the terms and conditions carefully.
Qantas Frequent Flyer isn’t the most valuable airline loyalty program out there. That said, it does offer an easy way to “earn” points by transferring from popular rewards programs, such as American Express Membership Rewards®, Citi ThankYou® Rewards,Capital One® Rewards and Marriott Bonvoy. Plus, Qantas provides some great options for redeeming your points.
Top Pages You May Like
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- BMO Harris Up to $500 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers