This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The American Express Gold has an offer for 60,000 welcome bonus Membership Rewards Points when you spend $4,000 on purchases within 6 months of account opening (here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement). See how this compares with other top card bonuses.
Update 11/29/2022: Some customers are receiving 90,000 point offers via referral link. Read about it here.
The offer comes in the form of Membership Rewards points. The easiest options for redeeming these points would be by booking travel through American Express or by redeeming for gift cards. If you’re looking to maximize your rewards, you’ll want to transfer your points to a partner program.
The American Express Gold Card earns 4x points at restaurants (including takeout and delivery in the U.S.), 4x at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per calendar year; 1x points thereafter), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com. Other perks include dining credits and no foreign transaction fees. The annual fee for this card is $250.
- 4X points at restaurants worldwide, plus takeout and delivery in the U.S.
- 4X points at US supermarkets, on up to $25,000 per calendar year in purchases
- 3X points for flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com
- 1X points on other purchases
- Up to $120 in Uber Cash annually. Get $10 in Uber Cash each month for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S. Plus, you’ll earn 4x Membership Rewards points for each Uber Eats purchase on your Card
- Up to $120 in dining credit at Grubhub and participating restaurants. Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly.
- No foreign transaction fees
Posts History for AmEx Gold Card Bonuses: