- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- AvailabilityEditor: 65%
- Features & BenefitsEditor: 85%
- Customer ServiceEditor: 85%
- 1 Current Promotions?
- 2 The Requirements
- 3 The Good
- 4 The Fees
- 5 The Bad
- 6 Bottom Line
The PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student offers great benefits so you can manage life on campus and your budget with features that let you bank the way you want to. With student-friendly tools, banking is just one less thing you have to worry about. Read on for the good, the bad and my overall impression for this student account.
*See the best Student Checking Accounts compared
There aren’t any current sign-up bonuses specific to the Virtual Wallet Student account from PNC Bank, but there are ongoing cash bonus offers for the regular consumer versions of the Virtual Wallet account you can read about here. If you’re looking for a student checking account with a sign-up bonus, take a look at the Chase College CheckingSM account.
- Proof of active student status. High school and college students can apply. Unique features and benefits may be available at your specified school.
- Minimum opening deposit: $25 ($0 if you open an account online).
- Parent co-owner, if you’re younger than 18.
No Monthly Maintenance Fee & No Minimum Balance Requirement
You just need to prove you’re an active student. This feature will expire 6 years after account opening.
Get 3 Accounts in 1 Virtual Wallet
PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student is actually three accounts in one. The Spend account is your checking account. The Reserve account is for short term savings that earns a little interest. Your Growth account is for long-term savings where interest accrues differently than the Reserve account.
Online & Mobile Banking
So you can manage your money how and when you want to.
Non-PNC Bank ATM Reimbursement
For each billing cycle, PNC Bank will reimburse fees for 2 non-PNC Bank ATM transaction (domestic or international).
Overdraft Courtesy Refund
PNC Bank will refund any overdraft item or returned item fees for your first NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds) event in the first 12 months after you open your account.
What’s more, if your account is overdrawn by $5 or less after all transactions have been posted for the day, PNC Bank will automatically refund any overdraft item fees that occurred that day.
With the PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student account, overdraft protection is free! Just link your Spend account to your Reserve and Growth accounts.
A bill payment hub where you can view your finances in one easy-to-read place.
Helps you track and pace your spending by categorizing your purchases.
1 Free Incoming Wire Transfer
Domestic or international, per monthly billing cycle!
|Monthly Maintenance||$0||With proof of active enrollment, expires in 6 years.|
|Non-PNC Bank ATM (domestic)||$3||Per transaction within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.|
|Non-PNC Bank ATM (international)||$5||Per transaction in all other countries, plus 3%.|
|Debit Card Foreign Transaction||3%||Of transaction amount.|
|Overdraft (NSF)||$36||Per paid or returned item, max 4 items per business day.|
|Continuous Overdraft Fee||$7||If your account is in the red for 5 or more consecutive days, per day. Up to a max of $98.|
|Overdraft Protection||$0||Just link to another approved account.|
|Debit Card Cash Advance||$3/$5||PNC Bank Branch/other financial institutions that accept Visa.|
|Replacement Card||$7.50/$25||Regular/expedited delivery.|
|Early Closure||$25||If account is closed within 180 days of opening.|
PNC Bank charges a heavy $36 per NSF transaction, up to four times a day, for both paid and returned items.
From a student perspective, the PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student can help you learn how to manage multiple accounts (Spend, Reserve & Growth) in your name. It’s a great way for students to get up to speed on personal finance and take advantage of the different benefits of each account.
You’ll have access to approximately 9,000 PNC Bank ATMs, and remote control of your financial information online or via mobile.
For me, the highlights of the PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student account are its money management tools and its relatively forgiving nature concerning overdraft fees.
- Bank Of America Core Checking Account For Students Under 24
- KeyBank Student Checking Account Review (Students 16 To 24)
- PNC Bank Virtual Wallet Student: Unique Features At Your School
- Santander Student Value Checking Review (Ages 16 – 25)
- SunTrust Essential Checking For Students (High School, Technical School, College)
- BB&T Bank Student Checking Review (Students Age 23 & Younger)
- TD Bank Student Checking Review: Free Checking For Students Under 24
- Chase Student Checking Promotions: $100 Chase College Checking℠ Bonus
- Capital One 360 Money Account Review: Checking Account For Ages 13 To 17
- Wells Fargo Teen Checking & Everyday Student Checking Review
- Chase College Checking℠ Review: Is This Student Account For You?
- US Bank Student Checking Review: No Fees, No Minimums
- 11 Best Student Checking Accounts For January 2019
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Premier Plus Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking® + Chase Savings℠||$350 Cash||Review|
|Chase Sapphire℠ Checking||60,000 Points||Review|
|Chase College Checking℠||$100 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Business Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$750 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||$350 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Direct Savings||2.22% APY||Review|
|HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard® credit card||$150 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Premier Checking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|CIT Bank Savings Builder||2.45% APY||Review|
|Barclaycard Arrival Plus® World Elite Mastercard®||70,000 Miles||Review|
|Ally Invest||$3,500 Cash||Review|
|TD Ameritrade||$600 Cash||Review|