EgyptAir is the state-owned flag carrier of Egypt and a member of Star Alliance. The Cairo-based airline flies to more than 75 domestic and international destinations, including New York City and Washington, D.C.
See our list of the best credit card bonuses here.
EgyptAir Plus is the carrier’s official frequent flyer program. Members from the United States don’t have too many ways to earn and burn miles. Keep reading for everything you need to know about EgyptAir Plus, including tips and tricks to get the most out of the program.
|Airline Alliance||Star Alliance|
|U.S. Destinations||New York City, Washington, D.C.|
|U.S. Credit Cards||None|
|Redemption Options||Flights, upgrades, extra baggage, donations|
EgyptAir Plus Elite Status
When you join EgyptAir Plus and earn 5,000 Tier Miles or fly six Sectors, you automatically become a Blue member. Above that are four status tiers: Silver, Gold, Elite and Platinum. To move up a tier, you need to earn a certain amount of Tier Miles.
|STATUS||TIER MILES REQUIRED|
|Silver||30,000 (no time limit)|
|Gold||30,000 within 2 years of unlocking Silver|
|Elite||300,000 within 2 years of unlocking Gold|
|Platinum||600,000 within 3 years of unlocking Elite|
Once you unlock a tier, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
|50% off upgrade fees at airport||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Complementary upgrade (if available)||–||–||–||Yes|
|50% off 1 extra bag OR 1 checked handbag (10kg)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Priority baggage handling||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Meet & Assist service from Cairo Airport||–||–||–||Yes|
|Star Alliance priority waitlist||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance stand-by||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance priority check-in||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance extra baggage allowance||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance priority security & immigration||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance airport lounge access||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance priority boarding||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Star Alliance priority baggage handling||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Transfer miles to another member’s account||–||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Purchase Tier Miles||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Gift Tier Miles||–||–||Yes||Yes|
|Free change of reservation on award ticket||–||–||1||1|
Go to the EgyptAir Plus Membership Levels page for more information.
Earning EgyptAir Plus Miles
Compared to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan, Delta SkyMiles and other frequent flyer programs based in the United States, earning EgyptAir Plus Miles is not an easy feat for Americans. The only way to accrue rewards is to fly with EgyptAir and Star Alliance partners:
You can also earn EgyptAir Plus Miles on Olympic Air flights. Mileage rates depend on distance travelled as well as class of service.
Redeeming EgyptAir Plus Miles
Most EgyptAir Plus member use their miles for award flights with EgyptAir and partner airlines. The program utilizes a region-based chart for award flights. Utilize the EgyptAir calculator to figure out how many miles is needed to fly from one region to another.
You can also use EgyptAir Plus Miles towards upgrades (EgyptAir and Star Alliance), excess baggage and as donations.
EgyptAir Plus Miles Expiration
EgyptAir Plus Miles expire 36 months from the date in which they were accrued. If you earned 10,000 miles in May 19, 2021, and you use 7,000 miles, the remaining 3,000 miles are valid until May 19, 2024.
EgyptAir Plus Tips & Tricks
- Family members can pool miles into one account, including Status Miles.
- One-way tickets are calculated as 50% of the roundtrip award ticket.
- Open jaw tickets are not allowed and will be ticketed as two separate one-way flights.
- EgyptAir doesn’t have a search tool for partner award space. Work around that by using Air Canada Aeroplan or United MileagePlus.
- To redeem your miles, you have to call or email an EgyptAir office. In the United States, call toll-free at 1-800-334-6787 or email email@example.com.
- Award tickets can be extended 12 months from the date of issue (unless otherwise stated).
- EgyptAir Plus charges a $50 change fee for international flights and $15 for domestic flights.
It’s easy to unlock elite status with EgyptAir Plus because the program lets you pool Status Miles with family members. But if you can’t redeem your miles, then it’s pointless to join. As such, we only recommend this frequent flyer program if you regularly travel non-stop to EgyptAir destinations. Otherwise, you’ll find much more value with other frequent flyer programs like Qatar Airways Qmiles and Lufthansa Miles & More.
Top Pages You May Like
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- BMO Harris $200 & $350 Bonuses
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking & Savings Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers