This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Citibank is offering existing checking account customers a bonus up to $200 in value when they try to close accounts. This is still a targeted offer, but it appears to be commonly offered once a customer tries to close his or her account.
See the Posts History below for all offers from this institution.
Citibank Offer Details
For a limited time, you can earn a $50, $100, $150, or $200 Statement Credit if you keep your checking accounts open.
- What you’ll get: Up to $200
- Where it’s available: Targeted to those who try to close checking accounts
- How to earn it:
- Use a Citibank® Debit Card associated with any of your checking accounts to make Qualifying Purchases that total the amount in the below chart. Purchases must be completed within 30 calendar days of enrollment. The account selected will be enrolled in this offer.
- You’ll receive the statement credit within 90 calendar days from the date you complete all Required Activities.
- When it expires: 4/22/2022
Bonus tiers as follows:
|Statement Credit||Account Package||Qualifying Purchase|
|$50||Access Account Package||$50|
|$50||Basic Banking Package||$50|
|$50||Citibank Account Package||$50|
|$100||Citi Priority Package||$100|
|$200||Citigold Package – Citigold Private Client||$200|
Purchase Rebate Offer
During the Offer Period of April 20, 2021 and April 19, 2022, you can earn a $50, $100, $150, or $200 Statement Credit by making Qualifying Purchases during the first 30 days after enrollment and keeping your checking accounts open for 120 days.
So long as you have been invited to participate in the Purchase Rebate Offer, are an existing customer who is at least 18 years old, have not participated in the Purchase Rebate Offer in the last 365 days, and furnish or have a valid Form W-9 or Form W-8BEN on file with Citibank and are not subject to backup withholding, you can participate in the Purchase Rebate Offer.
Owners of Private Bank, IPB, fiduciary, estate, custodial, business and trust accounts are not eligible for this offer.
Deal says it ends on April 19, 2022, but users are reporting it’s still being offered when they try to close accounts.
Posts History for Citibank:
- Citi Personal Wealth Management Up To $5,000 Cash Bonus – Ends 3/31/23
- Best Citi Bank Bonuses, Promotions of February 2023
- Citibank $200 Checking Bonus For Citi Cardholders [Targeted] – Ends 4/4/2023
- Citibank Savings Account Up To $5,000 Bonus Offer [NY, CT, NJ, DC, VA, MD, CA, NV, IL, FL] – Ends 4/3/23
- Citibank Personal Checking $200 to $2,000 Bonus Offer – Ends 4/4/23
- Citibank Certificate of Deposit (CD) Rates
- Citibank Business Checking $200 to $2,000 Bonus [Available in Many States] – Ends 7/12/23
- Citi Self Invest Up To $500 Bonus Offer – Ends 1/31/23
- Best Int’l Banks With Branches Worldwide | Digital Nomads & Expats