- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- OneWest Bank Bonus
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 65%
- ValueEditor: 80%
OneWest Bank, a California based institution, is offering a $200 bonus for new Checking accounts.
Headquartered in Pasadena, CA and established in 2009, OneWest Bank offers Checking, Savings, Money Market and CD accounts to customers in the Southern California area.
Their Savings, Money Market and CD rates do a bit better than the bigger traditional banks, but won’t compete well with the best national rates. See our Savings and CD rates pages for the best options.
We’ll review the current offer(s) below.
OneWest Bank Checking Account $200 Bonus
- Offer set to expire May 31, 2017
- Offer available to residents near a branch in the Southern California area
- OneWest Bank Premium Checking or OneAccount Checking eligible for offer
- Direct Deposit is an optional requirement for this offer
- Application will trigger a Soft Pull, which does not affect your credit
- The $5 Monthly Fee can be waived
- Minimum deposit required to open account and obtain bonus is $1,000 for Premium Checking and $50,000 for OneAccount checking.
- You will forfeit your bonus if you close the account within 6 months of opening
How To Get The $200 Bonus
- Activate a new debit card on the new checking account within 60 days of account opening;
- Sign up for eStatements on the new checking account within 30 days of account opening;
- Set up and receive recurring direct deposits or ACH deposits totaling $650 or more per month for at least two consecutive months to the new checking account within 90 days of account opening.
- Bonus will be paid, at customer’s option, in the form of a prepaid card loaded with $200 or a gift valued at approximately $200.
- Customers who satisfy the Eligibility Criteria within the time frames specified above will be sent an e-mail with prepaid card and gift redemption codes and instructions within 30 days following the date on which all Eligibility Criteria were met.
The Fine Print
- Checking account must remain open and in good standing for a least six months after account opening.
- If checking account is closed by the customer or OneWest Bank within six months after opening, the value of the bonus may be deducted from account at closing.
- Bonus is considered forfeited if not redeemed within 180 days after first email sent.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other Checking Reward offers in the past six months.
- Limit one offer per customer.
- Accounts cannot be opened in the name of a business.
- Employees of CIT Group Inc. or any of its affiliates, including CIT Bank, N.A. and its OneWest Bank division are not eligible for this offer.
- The value of this offer may be reported to the IRS and the customer is responsible for any federal, state or local taxes.
More Bank Offers At MoneysMyLife:
- CIT Bank Online Promotions: $100 Savings Account Bonus & 1.30% APY
- Santander Bank Review: $225 Personal & $250 Business Checking Bonuses
- EverBank Review: Checking, Money Market, CD Promotions And Bonuses
- KeyBank Review: $200, $250, $300, $400 Promotions
- SunTrust Bank Review: $100 To $300 Personal & Business Bonuses
- Chase $150 – $350 Checking & Savings Coupon Bonuses When Opening
- TD Bank Bonus For Checking Accounts: $150 To $300 Cash
- BBVA Compass Bank Checking, Savings, CD Account Promotions
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Available Online
- PNC Bank Promotions: $50 To $300 Checking, Savings, Business Bonuses
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions: $200 Checking Account Bonus
Check back for updates on OneWest Bank promotions and bonuses here.