First Citizens Bank (firstcitizens.com) is one of the largest family-controlled banks in the United States. With its pending merger with CIT bank, it will be one of the largest banks in the country. Its national online footprint allows them to offer a full range of banking services beyond its branch network, but they remain focused as a community bank and building relationships with their customers.
First Citizens was established in 1898 and is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Checking and Savings Accounts are available to residents in NC, SC, TN, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, KS, MD, MO, NM, OK, OR, TX, VA, WA, WV and WI.
First Citizens Bank: Free Checking & Online Savings Accounts
First Citizens offer a full range of banking services. It is big enough to have all of the products and services users need but small enough to be a community bank. Two products they are offering include their free checking and free online savings accounts.
- No monthly fees when you enroll in paperless statements1
- No minimum balance
- Open with as little as $50
- Free digital and mobile banking with alerts and bill pay
- Deposit checks on your mobile for free
- Free use of Zelle® to send and receive money to people you know
- Use Digital Banking’s free Manage My Money feature to view First Citizens and non-First Citizens accounts in one place, plus you’ll have access to budgeting tools and more.
- No-fee channel access: Users can manage account digitally, but also at branch or ATM at no charge.
- Free debit card that users can add to their mobile device for Apple, Google or Samsung digital wallet access
- Link Free Checking account to a First Citizens Savings or Checkline Reserve line of credit for Overdraft
- Protection. ($12 transfer fee each day an overdraft occurs.”
1Paperless statements are required. Free Checking is only free if you sign up for electronic statements within 60 days of account opening. If user do not sign up and receive paperless statements, the account will be converted automatically and without prior notice to the user to a Select Checking account and will be subject to the fees and charges applicable to a Select Checking account. The applicable fees and charges will be debited from the account without further notice to the user and will appear on their account statement. If you overdraw your account, fees may apply. Refer to their Personal Account Disclosures for full details.
Online Savings is a free account with no conditions. Users can open an online savings account with as little as $25.
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance
- Open with as little as $25
- Interest is compounded daily
- 2 Free withdrawals or transfers per month. $3 for each thereafter.
- You can link your Online Savings to your First Citizens checking account for overdraft protection
- Free digital banking with mobile app so you can monitor your account
- No-fee channel access: You can access your account digitally, but also at branch or ATM at no charge.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Bank Of America Advantage Banking||$100 Bonus Offer||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank||$500 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$150/$200 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,000||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|Voyager (code BH5F1A)||$25 In BTC||Review|
|Motley Fool||Stock Advisor Discount||Review|