This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
MyFreeScoreNow.com provides access to your credit scores from all three bureaus, along with your TransUnion credit report. With alerts to credit report changes, it’s an easy way to monitor your credit. But is MyFreeScoreNow.com really free, as the name suggests? Keep reading to find out.
See the best credit monitoring services here.
Your credit score is inherently linked to your financial well-being, yet many people don’t know their credit score and don’t use any monitoring service to prevent identity theft. MyFreeScoreNow.com can help on both fronts. Features include:
- Scores from Equifax, Experian and TransUnion
- Unlimited daily reports from TransUnion
- Resolve issues with creditors with just a click of a button
- Notifications of significant changes to your credit
- Alerts when your credit report is viewed
- “Money Manager” securely links your financial accounts
- “Score Report” outlines factors that are affecting your credit score
- “Special Offers” with exclusive, limited-time special offers and promotions
- Customer service via online chat or phone seven days a week
MyFreeScoreNow.com Membership & Pricing
MyFreeScoreNow.com is not actually free. Membership costs $29.95 monthly. However, if you’re a new member, they’ll charge you a $1 non-refundable member activation fee, and you can use their service (TransUnion score and report only) free for seven days. After your trial ends, they’ll automatically charge you the membership fee every month.
Before you sign on with MyFreeScoreNow.com, consider the following:
- The name of the site is deceptive. Technically, you’ll get your TransUnion score and report for free during your trial, but only when you purchase the membership.
- MyFreeScoreNow.com is pricier than most of the competition.
- The site does not provide much detailed information about improving your credit.
If you’re looking for a credit monitoring service to access your credit score and report, and keep your identity safe, then MyFreeScoreNow.com could be a good fit. Try it out for seven days free (with a one-time $1 membership activation fee). If you don’t like it, you can cancel at any time.
Want a free credit monitoring service instead? Check out Credit Karma and Experian.
READ MORE: See The Best Bank Promotions Here And The Best Investing Promotions Here
Leave a Reply