Credit Karma provides credit scores, reports and monitoring, so you know where you stand, how you can improve your credit and so you’re informed of any potential credit breaches. Plus, it’s all for free. Keep reading for everything you need to know about Credit Karma and their credit services.
Credit Karma also offers an online savings account and tax preparation.
Credit Karma Features
Credit Karma’s biggest draw is the ability to access your credit score for free. You’ll get your VantageScore 3.0, and your score from Equifax and TransUnion will update every time you log into your Credit Karma account.
Other features include:
- Free credit report & credit monitoring with alerts for unusual activity
- Insights on how you can improve your credit score
- Recommendations for credit cards & loans
- Free federal and state income tax preparation
If you do find an error on your TransUnion report, you can use the Direct Dispute feature to dispute it without having to leave Credit Karma’s site. In the event of a data breach, they’ll send you alerts and tell you exactly how to deal with it. Credit Karma also has an app so you can check your credit and monitor for data breaches on the go.
Credit Karma Pricing
Credit Karma credit scores, reports and monitoring is free. In order to make money, they gather information about your spending habits and charge companies – often lenders – to serve you targeted ads.
Credit Karma Limitations
Before you sign up for a Credit Karma account, make sure to keep in mind the following:
- Credit Karma scores are based on the VantageScore 3.0 model, while most lenders use FICO.
- Credit Karma does not offer Experian monitoring.
- Credit Karma does not monitor bank accounts, credit cards or investment accounts.
- Credit Karma does not offer identity protection insurance.
- Credit Karma uses targeted ads for revenue, which encourages borrowing and may tempt you to take on new debt.
- Credit Karma lacks customer support option with no phone number or live chat.
Credit Karma provides TransUnion and Equifax credit scores, reports and monitoring at no cost. Your VantageScore is updated every time you log in, and your credit report information is updated weekly. Credit Karma will also alert you when there’s unusual activity on your credit reports. But if you want to monitor your Experian report, or get identity theft insurance, you’ll need to go with another service.
TransUnion has a credit monitoring service with up to $1 million in identity theft insurance and comes with identity theft resolution guidance.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Bank of America Checking||$100 Offer||Review|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||Up To $600||Review|
|Axos Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,000||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|Voyager (code BH5F1A)||$25 In BTC||Review|
|Coinbase||$10 In BTC||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|