This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TransUnion is one of three major credit bureaus in the United States. Their credit monitoring service aims to help you manage your credit and minimize risk, giving you unlimited access to your TransUnion credit score and report, along with instant alerts of changes and personalized advice. For more on TransUnion credit monitoring, keep reading.
See all the best credit repair services here and the best credit monitoring services here.
TransUnion Credit Monitoring Features
When you sign up for TransUnion credit monitoring, you’ll receive unlimited email updates on your TransUnion credit score and report, including critical credit information changes such as new or closed accounts, late payments and significant changes to your personal information. In contrast, free credit monitoring websites will give you updated information only every 30 days.
Other features include:
- Access to CreditCompass, personalized recommendations to help point your credit score in the right direction
- Calculators to evaluate your whole financial picture
- Score Simulators to explore “what if” scenarios
- Score Trending interactive graphs to view your score history over time
- Credit Lock Plus to freeze your TransUnion credit report instantly and prevent thieves from opening additional accounts
- Up to $1 million in identity theft insurance & identity theft resolution guidance through TrueIdentity
TransUnion Credit Monitoring Pricing
Subscription to TransUnion credit monitoring costs $24.95 per month (plus tax where applicable). You can cancel at anytime by contacting TransUnion customer service.
TransUnion Credit Monitoring Limitations
Before you jump on board with TransUnion, keep the following in mind:
- TransUnion credit scores are based on the VantageScore 3.0 model while most lenders use FICO.
- To cancel your account, you have to call the customer service line.
- The subscription fee of $24.95 is higher than most other credit monitoring services.
You can easily get your VantageScore and credit monitoring free, but if you have a delicate credit situation and want to get personalized advice, then paying $24.95 for TransUnion credit monitoring might be worth it.
READ MORE: See The Best Bank Promotions Here And The Best Investing Promotions Here
Leave a Reply