- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Chase College Checking℠ Bonus
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- PopularityEditor: 95%
- ValueEditor: 80%
Find the latest promotions and bonuses for Chase student Checking accounts updated here, which often aren’t available all year long. If you’re interested in bonus offers for Chase Bank’s regular consumer Checking accounts, see our Chase bonuses page here.
Chase Bank was established in 1982 and is currently headquartered in Newark, Delaware. Behind Wells Fargo, Chase is the 2nd largest bank in the United States when ranked by the number of branches.
Branches are located in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MI, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, WI, and WV.
We’ll review the current offers below.
Chase College Checking℠ Account $50 Bonus Offer
While a $50 bonus isn’t much, Chase is one of the few banks to offer a bonus opportunity for student Checking accounts. Direct Deposit is only an optional requirement for this bonus.
You’ll need to enter your email address on the offer page to receive a personalized $50 coupon. You won’t be able to take advantage of the offer directly online.
This $50 bonus offer expires on 08/13/2018.
- Get $50 as a new Chase checking customer when you open a Chase College CheckingSM account, enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions.
- Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches
- There is no Monthly Service Fee from the time of account opening until after the student’s expected graduation date up to 5 years.
- Deposit checks from virtually anywhere, anytime, just by taking a photo with the Chase Mobile® app.
- APY: N/A
- Minimum Balance to Open: $25
- Monthly Service Fee: $6
- NSF(Non-Sufficient Funds) Fee: $34
- ATM Surcharge: $2.50 (in US), $5 (outside US)
How To Earn The $50 Bonus
- Open a new Chase College CheckingSM account with a $25 minimum opening balance using your personalized coupon emailed from the offer page.
- You’ll then need to enroll in paperless statements and complete 10 qualifying transactions within 60 days of opening the account.
- Qualifying transactions include: debit card purchases, online bill payments, checks paid, Chase QuickDepositSM, Chase QuickPay®, or direct deposits.
- If you choose direct deposit to qualify, your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government.
- When you’ve completed all the above requirements and the 10 qualifying transactions have posted to your account, Chase will deposit the $50 bonus into your new account within 10 business days.
- College student must be 17 – 24 years old to open a Chase College CheckingSM account and must provide a valid student ID or proof of enrollment/acceptance, college name, and expected graduation date at account opening.
- Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, those with fiduciary accounts, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance.
- Employees of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. and its affiliates are not eligible for this offer.
- You can receive only one new checking account related bonus each calendar year and only one bonus per account.
- Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
- If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after opening, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
Chase Bank is one of the few banks to ever offer a sign-up bonus for student Checking accounts, so this is a good incentive if you’re a college student. You’ll enjoy no Monthly Service Fee until after your graduation date (up to 5 years) and you’ll receive great features offered with their regular Checking accounts like mobile check deposit, text banking, real-time Fraud Monitoring, and Chase QuickPay®.
Other Offers For Non-Student Checking Accounts
- Santander Bank Promotions: $150 Personal & $500 Business Checking Bonuses
- Chase Total Checking Account $200 Coupon Available Online Now
- Chase Premier Plus Checking℠ Review: $300 Coupon Bonus
- Chase Coupon Promo Codes: $200, $300, $350, $500 (April 2018)
- BBVA Compass Bank Promotions: $150, $200, $250 Checking/Savings Bonuses
- Fifth Third Bank Promotions: $200 Checking Account Bonus
- Chase Bank Business Checking Promotion: $200 Sign-Up Cash Bonus
- PNC Bank Promotions: $50 To $300 Checking, Savings, Business Bonuses
- Regions Bank Promotions: $200 Checking Account Bonus
- TD Bank Bonus For Checking Accounts: $150 To $300 Cash
- CIT Bank Promotions: Online Money Market Account Earns 1.75% APY
- KeyBank Promotions: $100, $200, $300, $400 Checking Bonuses
- Bank Of America $300 Personal Checking & $2500 Business Checking Bonuses
- Simple Bank Review & Bonus Offer: Unlimited $20 Referrals
- SunTrust Bank Review: $500 Personal & $200 Business Checking Bonuses