Earn a $200 bonus for a new Everyday Checking account from Wells Fargo with this offer. It’s available nationwide, online and in-branch.
- Update 4/4/2023: $200 offer has ended but the $300 offer is still available. See the other active offers below.
- Update 1/6/2023: $200 offer has been extended until 3/28/2023. Details below.
- Update 11/26/2022: A $325 Everyday Checking offer is available.
- Update:There’s also the $300 Wells Fargo Everyday Checking offer and the $1,500 Wells Fargo business checking offer.
See Post History below for all current Wells Fargo offers.
Wells Fargo Bonus: $200 Checking Account Offer (Online & In-Branch)
- What you’ll get: $200 bonus
- Where it’s available: Nationwide
- How to earn it:
- Open a new Everyday Checking account online from the offer page, or bring a bonus offer code to a participating Wells Fargo branch and open an eligible consumer checking account.
- Fund your new checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits to the new checking account within 90 days from account opening (the “qualification period”).
- When it expires: 3/28/2023
Waive The Monthly Fee
Everyday Checking $10 Fee – The monthly service fee can be avoided with any one of the following each fee period:
- $500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- A qualifying direct deposit is a direct deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular monthly income electronically deposited through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network to this checking account by your employer or an outside agency. (Please check with your employer or outside agency to determine if they use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network).
- Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a banking location, or ATM do not qualify.
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM or Campus Debit Card.
- Wells Fargo Campus ATM and Campus Debit Cards are available for students, faculty and staff of colleges and universities that participate in the Wells Fargo Campus Card℠ program.
- Primary account owner is 17 through 24 years old. (On the primary account owner’s 25th birthday, the account will automatically be subject to the then current monthly service fee unless you meet one of the other options to avoid the monthly service fee).
- This offer is for new checking customers only. All Wells Fargo consumer checking accounts are eligible for this offer.
- You must use your bonus offer code at account opening when you apply for a new eligible Wells Fargo checking account.
- You are not eligible for this offer if:
- You are a current owner of a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- You have received a bonus for opening a Wells Fargo consumer checking account within the past 12 months
- You are a Wells Fargo employee
- Open a new Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25 by March 28, 2023. All account applications are subject to approval.
- Within 90 calendar days of account opening (the “qualification period”), receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits to your new checking account.
- A qualifying direct deposit is an ACH (Automated Clearing House) automatic electronic deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular income into your bank account. Confirm with your employer or the agency or company making these payments that they use the ACH network.
- Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a branch or ATM don’t qualify as a direct deposit.
- A direct deposit made available early with Early Pay Day does not count toward the bonus requirements until it posts to your account and is no longer pending (e.g., the pay date scheduled by your payor).
- Once the 90-day qualification period has elapsed, we will determine if you have met the offer requirements and will deposit any earned bonus into your new checking account within 30 days.
- The new checking account must remain open throughout the 90-day qualification period and at the time we attempt to deposit any earned bonus payment. Please note that an account with a zero balance may be closed by us without prior notice, as further described in the Deposit Account Agreement.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on the bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
- Offer expires March 28, 2023. However, offer may be discontinued or changed at any time prior to the expiration date without notice.
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (Form W-9 for U.S. persons including a resident alien). Non-resident aliens signing Form W-8 are not eligible for the offer.
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer (limit one bonus per customer/account).
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded.
- The actions required to earn this bonus are separate and distinct from the options available to you to avoid any applicable monthly service fee for the checking account you opened.
- Talk with a banker or see the “Consumer Account Fee and Information Schedule” and “Deposit Account Agreement” for complete checking account details, including the applicable monthly service fee and options to avoid it.
The direct deposit amount required for the offer is reasonable. There have been better offers in the past for $300 to $400 for the Everyday Checking account.
- Wells Fargo $325 Checking Bonus for the Everyday Checking Account – Ends 10/10/23
- Best Wells Fargo Bank Bonuses, Promotions of September 2023
- Wells Fargo $300 Everyday Checking Account Bonus – Ends 9/26/2023
- Wells Fargo Premier Checking $2,500 Bonus – Ends 10/10/23
- Wells Fargo $1,500 Bonus Offer for Business Checking Account – Ended
- Wells Fargo $525 Bonus for the Way2Save Savings Account – Ended
- Wells Fargo $525 Bonus for Existing Savings Account Customers – Ended