The SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card has an offer for $250 bonus cash when you spend $3,000 within the first three months. See our list for more travel credit cards such as the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
As a travel rewards and a cash back card, the SunTrust Travel Rewards card has a flexible structure that favors travel and dining spending, with 3% cash back on travel and 2% back on dining. It also offers lounge access, TSA Precheck or Global Entry credit, and a loyalty cash bonus of up to 50%. With all these features, you might find the SunTrust Travel Rewards card worthwhile.
But there’s a catch. If you don’t already bank with SunTrust, you have to live in a state where SunTrust operates in order to apply.
*Check out SunTrust Bank bonuses for Checking & Savings accounts.
SunTrust Travel Rewards Card $250 Bonus Cash Offer
Take advantage of the SunTrust Travel Rewards card’s introductory offer: $250 in the form of statement credit. To qualify, charge at least $3,000 to your card within the first three months from opening your account.
Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement.
Earning SunTrust Travel Rewards
With the SunTrust Travel Rewards credit card, you earn:
- 3% cash back on qualifying travel purchases
- 2% back on qualifying dining purchases
- 1% back on all other qualifying purchases
There are no limits to how much you can earn.
Redeeming SunTrust Travel Rewards
Although it is a cash back card, the SunTrust travel rewards card can be used a number of ways:
- Direct deposits
- Statement credits
- Gift cards
For the best value, redeem your rewards for direct deposits into a SunTrust account (more on that below). Keep in mind, these have a $5 minimum redemption.
SunTrust Loyalty Cash Bonus
With SunTrust Loyalty Cash Bonus, the more you have in your deposit accounts, the bigger the bonus when you redeem your rewards directly into a SunTrust account. Get a:
- 10% bonus if you deposit your cash rewards into a SunTrust checking, savings or money market account. At this tier, there is no balance requirement.
- 25% bonus if you have a SunTrust Advantage Checking, Signature Checking or Exclusive Checking account, and you have combined consumer deposits and investment balances totaling $25,000 up to $100,000.
- 50% bonus if you have a SunTrust Advantage Checking, Signature Checking or Exclusive Checking account, and you have combined consumer deposits and investment balances totaling over $100,000.
- 50% bonus if you’re enrolled in the SunTrust Premier Program or SunTrust Private Wealth Management. There is no balance requirement.
The chart below shows how the Loyalty Cash Bonus will affect your rewards rate:
If you keep large balances in your SunTrust accounts, the loyalty bonus could help you earn far more cash rewards than other credit cards with similar annual fees.
SunTrust Travel Rewards Card Top Features
Get a statement credit every four years for the TSA Precheck ($85) application fee or every five years for the Global Entry ($100) program. Membership to either means you’re a low-risk traveler. So you can go through airport security quickly, without having to take off your shoes, or remove liquids and electronics from your carry-on luggage.
With complimentary LoungeKey membership, enjoy:
- Two free lounge visits. After that, pay only $27 per per visit, per person.
- Access to 850+ lounges in 120+ countries in over 400 airports, regardless of airline, frequent flyer membership or class of ticket.
- Unique experiences and offers in dining, shopping and spa outlets within the airport.
Take the opportunity to relax, refresh and enhance your airport experience as you wait for your flight.
Make purchases abroad without worrying about foreign transaction fees with the SunTrust Travel Rewards credit card.
SunTrust Travel Rewards Card Availability
If you don’t already bank with SunTrust, the Travel Rewards card is limited to within the issuer’s network. That includes:
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- Washington, D. C.
- West Virginia
Otherwise, you’ll need to consider other credit card options.
Although you don’t need to bank with SunTrust to get its Travel Rewards credit card, you’ll be missing out on the loyalty cash bonus that turns the card’s return rate from good to great.
With an annual fee of $89 – waived your first year – you’ll also get a $250 introductory offer, cash back bonuses on travel and dining, TSA Precheck/Global Entry credit and lounge access.
If you’re a frequent traveler who spends heavily enough to make up for the card’s cost, then the SunTrust Travel Rewards card could be a good fit.
But if you’re a light spender, you might not be able to offset the card’s annual fee. Consider a low-cost option instead.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure Banking℠||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$150/$200 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,000||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|Voyager (code BH5F1A)||$25 In BTC||Review|
|Coinbase||$10 In BTC||Review|
|Motley Fool||Stock Advisor Discount||Review|