The Korean Air SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card has an offer for 30,000 bonus SKYPASS miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days. Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement. I value these 30k points at around $510. The bonus value isn’t much versus competitors, and the annual fee is a steep $450.
That’s not to say this card is of no value to Korean Air loyalists. Actually, you can more than justify the annual fee if you utilize all the valuable card perks.
- The travel credit is worth $200.
- The TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry fee credit is worth $85-$100. You’ll only use this perk every 4 years.
- The introductory bonus is worth ~$510.
- The annual spend bonus, when you spend $35k annually, is 10,000 miles or ~$170.
- The annual Korean Air ticket coupon is for $100 off.
- The 2 KAL Lounge coupons are worth 2,000 miles(~$30+) Domestic and 4,000 miles(~$60+) International.
It just depends if you’ll use a good number of the above card benefits.
Here are the other SKYPASS cards to compare to this one:
*The SKYPASS Select Visa is issued by U.S. Bank. U.S. Bank also offers great sign-up bonuses for its Checking/Savings accounts.