This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Korean Air SKYPASS Select Visa Signature Card has an offer for 30,000 bonus SKYPASS miles when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days. Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement. I value these 30k points at around $510. The bonus value isn’t much versus competitors, and the annual fee is a steep $450.
That’s not to say this card is of no value to Korean Air loyalists. Actually, you can more than justify the annual fee if you utilize all the valuable card perks.
- The travel credit is worth $200.
- The TSA Pre✓ or Global Entry fee credit is worth $85-$100. You’ll only use this perk every 4 years.
- The introductory bonus is worth ~$510.
- The annual spend bonus, when you spend $35k annually, is 10,000 miles or ~$170.
- The annual Korean Air ticket coupon is for $100 off.
- The 2 KAL Lounge coupons are worth 2,000 miles(~$30+) Domestic and 4,000 miles(~$60+) International.
It just depends if you’ll use a good number of the above card benefits.
Here are the other SKYPASS cards to compare to this one:
*The SKYPASS Select Visa is issued by U.S. Bank. U.S. Bank also offers great sign-up bonuses for its Checking/Savings accounts.