Craigslist is a classified ads platform that operates in more than 70 countries. The site covers everything from rental properties to local events, and it gets over 20 billion page views every month.
With over one million job postings every day, Craigslist is also one of the largest and most successful job boards in the United States. In this review, we’ll go over all the details, so you can decide if posting your open jobs on Craigslist is worth it for you.
See all the top online recruiting services here.
How To Post Jobs On Craigslist
Before posting a job on Craigslist, you’ll need to create an account and log in. Then simply follow the steps below:
- Choose “new posting in:” on your account homepage on the right-hand side. Select the location you wish to post in and then click “go.”
- Select either “job offered” or “gig offered.” A gig is a short-term, small or odd job.
- Pick one or more job categories for your job post, including accounting/finance, art/media/design, customer service, food/beverage/hospitality, legal/paralegal and more.
- Choose more specific sub-locations or neighborhoods to target. This option may not be required for your location.
- Post job details, like title, description, compensation, employment type and etc.
Craigslist has an option to hide your email on the job post. Instead, using an email relay which creates a unique Craigslist email for your post. Applicants will send their resumes directly to that address, and all information will be forwarded to you. This protects your email address from spammers and scammers.
You also have the option to display your location on a map. It’s generally a good idea to use this feature, so candidates know where you’re located.
Another option is to add images. Use this opportunity to make your job post more appealing by showing off your workspace, culture or anything else you want to convey.
Before publishing the job post, you’ll get a chance to review the post, verify your email address (if you haven’t done so already), confirm pricing and pay for the post. Your job post will then go live for 30 days, or until you pull it from the system.
Pricing To Post Jobs On Craigslist
Job post pricing on Craigslist depends on the location, but ranges between $7 to $75, with most locations between $15 to $35. Unlike other job boards, there is no pay-per-click option, so you can’t place your post above other listings.
Craigslist is extremely popular in the United States. It’s a great place for employers to find candidates, especially if you’re looking for blue-collar, service and less-senior office workers. Plus, it’s relatively cheap to post jobs on Craigslist.