If you’re looking for the latest promotions and bonuses for M1 Finance, find them updated here. See more investment promos here.
M1 Finance is a free automated investing “robo-advisor” platform that lets you create a portfolio from investments of your choice. Or, you can pick from pre-built ones. All you have to do is fund your account, and M1 Finance will do the work.
Let’s review current offers from M1 Finance below.
M1 Finance Up To $2,500 Bonus For Account Transfer
- Open an M1 account that matches the account type you’re transferring.
- Upload your documents securely through the encrypted form.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 in your first 60 days as an M1 customer to receive your transfer bonus.
- Bonus tiers:
- $250 bonus: when you transfer an account of $100,000 to $249,999.99
- $500 bonus: when you transfer an account of $250,000 to $499,999.99
- $1,000 bonus: when you transfer an account of $500,000 to $999,999.99
- $2,500 bonus: when you transfer an account of $1,000,000+
M1 Finance New Account $10 – $50 Bonus
Get a $10 bonus (sometimes up to $50 – check the link!) when you sign up through a current member’s referral link and fund your account.
Use our referral link below for this initial bonus (thanks ahead of time!). If asked, the email tied to this referral link is email@example.com.
Users are welcome to leave their referral links below in the comments section for others.
How To Earn The Bonus
- Open a new M1 Finance account online via our referral link.
- Fund your account within 90 days.
- $100 minimum deposit for taxable accounts.
- $500 minimum deposit for IRAs.
- Maintain your initial qualifying funding for 90 days.
- Once you’ve met the qualifications, you’ll see a bonus in your account under Settings > Promotions.
- If you opened a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account to receive the bonus.
M1 Finance Give $10-$50, Get $10-$50 Referral Program
Once you have an account with M1 Finance, you can start making referral bonuses. M1 Finance will give you $10 (sometimes up to $50) and your friend $10(sometimes up to $50) to invest when your friend signs up and funds their portfolio.
How To Earn The Bonus
- Open your M1 Finance Dashboard (mobile app) or click on your name (desktop site).
- Click “Refer & Earn.” This will only show if your account is funded.
- Sign up for the referral program.
- Choose which Payment Account you want to deposit your referral bonuses.
- Share your unique M1 Finance referral link with everyone you know.
- Receive your referral bonuses in your Payment Account within 14 days after your friend has signed up and funded their M1 Finance account.
- Once qualifications are met, you’ll see your bonus in your account under Settings > Promotions.
- Available to U.S. residents only.
- The offer is only valid for new brokerage or IRA accounts.
- This promotion is not valid with any other offers and is non-transferable.
- You must have an open brokerage account to receive referral credits.
- Your Payment Account cannot be a retirement account. If you opened a retirement account, you must also open a non-retirement account to receive the bonus.
M1 Spend Digital Checking Account
M1 Spent is a digital checking account that seamlessly integrates with your M1 Finance platform. The banking account is housed within the same app, allowing you to manage your banking and investment accounts under one roof.
M1 Spend Features
M1 offers 2 tiers of service for M1 Spend. Here is a comparison of their features.
|M1 Spend||M1 Spent Plus|
|Annual Fee||$0||$125 per year|
|Cash back on debit card purchases||N/A||1%|
|ATM fee rebates||once per month||4 times per month|
|Minimum deposit to open||$0||$0|
|Minimum balance to avoid fees||$0||$0|
|Integration with investment account||Yes||Yes|
|FDIC insurance up to $250k||Yes||Yes|
*No minimum balance to open account. No minimum balance to obtain APY (annual percentage yield). APY valid from account opening. Fees may reduce earnings. Rates may vary.
M1 Spend Pros and Cons
- No minimum balance requirement
- Standard version has no annual fee
- ATM rebate(s)
- Seamless integration with your investing account to make cash readily available
- FDIC-insured checking account
- To earn interest, you must opt for M1 Plus membership
- M1 Plus membership has a $125 annual fee (although the interest earned could offset the cost)
- ATM rebates limited to just 1 for the standard membership and just 4 for the premium membership.
M1 Spend has no fees or minimum balance requirements. You also get ATM fee rebate(s). This is a suitable option for investors who want a low-cost checking that seamlessly integrates with their investing platform. However, to earn interest and cash on your account, you need pay a $125 annual fee for the M1 Spend Plus membership.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Chase Secure Banking℠||$100 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$150/$200 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,000||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|Voyager (code BH5F1A)||$25 In BTC||Review|
|Coinbase||$10 In BTC||Review|
|Motley Fool||Stock Advisor Discount||Review|