The M1 High-Yield Savings Account is now available, and you can expect an invitation to open your account. M1 Plus members will receive the highest rate available, with all other clients receiving a lower rate. See the rates below.
- Update 5/10/2023: The M1 High-Yield Savings Account is now being rolled out.
The FDIC insures the M1 High-Yield Savings Account, which is offered by a partner bank. You can find out more and sign up to be kept up to date in your M1 account if you’re already a member.
Read more: see the latest M1 Finance promos here
More About The M1 Savings Account
- Rate for M1 Plus members: 5.00% APY
- Rate for all other clients: 1.50% APY
By announcing a savings account with one of the highest interest rates on the market, which they hope to keep even if rates change, they want to become one of the best places to save money.
- If you save, your money will earn a market-leading interest rate;
- If you spend our their credit card, you will earn rich cash back rewards—between 2.5-10% at over 70 of the most popular retailers and brands and 1.5% on everything else;
- If you invest, all your deposits will go to work in a diversified portfolio of your choosing for free, and
- If you borrow, you will get low rates and flexible terms.
- M1 lets you maximize your money no matter how you prefer to go about it.
Note: If you don’t have an M1 account yet, you can sign up with a bonus here.
- M1 Plus is a paid annual membership that confers benefits for products and services offered by M1 Finance LLC, M1 Spend LLC and M1 Digital LLC, each a separate, affiliated, and wholly-owned operating subsidiary of M1 Holdings Inc. “M1” refers to M1 Holdings Inc., and its affiliates.
- Obtaining stated APY (annual percentage yield) or opening an account does not require a minimum account balance. Stated APY is valid from date of account opening. Account fees may reduce earnings. Variable APY rate subject to paid M1 Plus subscription.
- Stated APY (annual percentage yield) is subject to change prior to product launch due to changing federal funds rate.
- M1 Spend is a wholly-owned operating subsidiary of M1 Holdings Inc. M1 is not a bank. M1 Savings Accounts are furnished by B2 Bank, NA, Member FDIC.
- 1.5% – 10% Owner’s Rewards cash back earned on eligible purchases subject to a maximum of $200 cash back per calendar month. Cash back rates of 2.5% – 10% require an active M1 Plus subscription (billed at $95 annually).
The rate on this savings account definitely is competitive with other online savings options. But, the highest rate is only available for M1 Plus members, which carries an annual cost.
The M1 Plus membership that qualifies for the highest rate currently costs $95 annually ($0 for first 3 months). So, you’ll have to see if all of the other M1 Plus features are worth it for yourself. You can try out M1 Plus free for 3 months.
More from M1 Finance:
- Best M1 Finance Bonuses: $50, $500, $4000, $10000 Offers
- M1 Finance Crypto Up To $200 Bonus Offer – Ended
- M1 Finance Up To $500 Brokerage Bonus Offer – Ends 12/31/2023
- M1 Finance: Up To $15,000 Bonus For M1 Invest Brokerage
- M1 Finance Owner’s Rewards Card Up To 10% Cash Back
- M1 Finance Checking Account Earns 3.30% APY
- M1 Finance: Investment Account Up To $1,500 Bonus For Recurring Deposits – Ends 5/24/2023
- M1 Finance Offer: Get $75 off M1 Plus, Pay $50 For 1 Year – Ended
- M1 Finance $50 – $100 Sign Up Bonus For New Accounts
READ MORE: SEE THE BEST BANK BONUSES HERE AND THE BEST INVESTING BONUSES HERE.
Leave a Reply