- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- LoanDepot Personal Loans
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- FeesEditor: 70%
- Funding TimeEditor: 75%
- Loan AmountEditor: 75%
Cali-based loanDepot was founded in 2010 and has quickly grown to one of the largest online lenders in the United States with over $800 million in personal loans funded. It offers rates as low as 7.18% for loans up to $35,000. Want to see if loanDepot is a good fit for you? Read on for the good, the bad and my breakdown of personal loans with loanDepot.
|Credit Score||705 – 715|
- No collateral required. Don’t own a house? It’s not going to be an issue here.
- Simple application process. Just head over to loanDepot’s website and apply online.
- Soft credit check. The initial credit check won’t affect your credit score, but if your loan is approved, a hard inquiry will show up on your report.
- Quick funding. After approval, you’ll get your funds between two to three days.
- Flexible fund use. A personal loan through loanDepot can be used for debt consolidation, medical expenses, home improvement, special occasions and more.
- Competitive fixed rate. With excellent credit, your APR could be as low as 7.18%, and that won’t budge for the entire duration of your loan term.
- No prepayment penalty. So you can pay that loan of yours back as quickly as possible!
- Rebuild your credit. LoanDepot reports your payments to Equifax and TransUnion, so you can rebuild your credit by making on-time payments.
- Only two fixed term lengths. You’re limited between either a three-year term or a five-year term.
- Late payment fee. If your monthly payment is more than 15 days late, you will have to pay a $15 fee.
- Unsuccessful payment fee. If your payment is rejected, you will incur a fee of $15 per unsuccessful transaction.
Applicants must have a minimum credit score of 660 and a maximum debt-to-income ratio of 40%, excluding mortgage. There is no minimum income requirement.
LoanDepot Terms & Fees
|Loan Amounts||$3,000 – $35,000|
|Loan Terms||3 or 5 years|
|Origination Fee||1% – 5%|
|Funding Time||2-3 days|
|Soft Credit Check?||Yes|
|APR||7.18% – 29.98%|
|How To Qualify||
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|NSF Payment Fee||$15|
|Check Processing Fee||None|
Applying for a personal loan with loanDepot is quick and easy with a simple online form, no collateral required and a soft credit check. You can use your funds for just about anything, and your rates could be as low as 7.18%. There’s no penalty for paying back the loan early, and it’s a great opportunity for you to rebuild your credit.
|Loan Term||60 months|
|Origination Fee (2.5%)||$500|
However, if you’ve got less than stellar credit, your rates can be upwards to 29.98%. You have only two term lengths to choose from, three or five years. Plus, you have to watch out for those late payment and insufficient funds fees.
- Best Egg Review 2018: Personal Loans With Option To Borrow Twice
- Best Personal Loan Lenders For September 2018
- SoFi Review: Personal Loans $5,000 To $100,000 With Unemployment Protection
- Earnest Review 2018: Personal Loans With Standout Customer Experience
- Getting A Wells Fargo Personal Loan Up To $100,000
- Prosper Personal Loans Review 2018: Low Rate Loans Up To $40,000
- LendingTree Review 2018: Sit Back and Let Lenders Come to You
- PersonalLoans.com Review 2018: Personal Loans For Less Creditworthy Borrowers
- Peerform Review: Personal Loans With Debt Consolidation Perks
- LightStream Review 2018: Personal Loans $5,000 To $100,000
- Avant Review 2018: Personal Loans For The Typical Middle-Class American
- Upstart Review 2018: Personal Loans By Ex-Googlers
- PenFed Credit Union Personal Loans Review 2018
- OneMain Review 2018: Personal Loans For Bad Credit Borrowers
- Payoff Review 2018: Personal Loans For High-Interest Credit Card Debt