This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earn 85,000 American Airlines AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $6,500 within the first 3 months of account opening. The Citi / AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is a rewarding option if you frequently fly with American Airlines or partner airlines and demand Admirals Club membership.
- Update 11/27/2022: The 85,000 bonus miles offer is rumored to be ending soon.
- There’s also an 80,000 bonus miles offer for this card
With this card, you earn 2 AAdvantage miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage mile for every $1 spent on other purchases. Additionally, earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible mile earned from purchases.
That said, there are a few limitations to keep in mind:
- Annual fee. This card costs $450 a year. For all that you get, it’s a fair price. But you’ll want to make sure it works for you.
- Low ongoing rewards rate. You’ll only get bonus miles for American Airlines purchases.
If Admirals Club airport lounge access isn’t important to you, seek out a different card. Aside from Admirals Club access, this card’s other features won’t make up for the premium $450 annual fee.
- Admirals Club membership (a value of up to $650)
- Earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 eligible mile earned from purchases.
- Earn 10,000 additional Loyalty Points after you spend $40,000 in purchases during the qualifying status year.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Application Fee Credit. Up to $100 every 5 years, as reimbursement for your application fee.
- First Checked Bag Free. On domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to eight traveling companions on the same reservation.
- Priority airport screening (where available) and boarding privileges for you and up to eight travel companions on the same reservation.
- Earn a total of 4 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases through December 31, 2022. After that, earn 2 miles per $1 on eligible American Airlines purchases.
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
Other Citi cards that earn American Airlines AAdvantage miles to consider:
- Citi’s American Airlines AAdvantage® MileUp℠ Mastercard®
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®
Citi also offers great sign-up bonuses for their Checking/Savings accounts.
Top Offers You May Like
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Business Complete Banking℠ $300 Bonus
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- U.S. Bank Checking $300 Bonus
- BMO Harris $200/$350 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Axos $150/$200 Bonuses