This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard makes it easy for loyal American Airlines members to earn miles while saving time and money. Start by getting your hands on 50,000 AAdvantage bonus miles after spending $2,500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Here are some ideas on meeting the spending requirement. Compare this with other card bonuses here.
The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® is a rewarding option if you like to fly with American Airlines. With this card earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent at gas stations and restaurants and 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases.
If you frequently fly with American Airlines, this is likely one of the best fits. If you don’t, I’d consider getting a non-branded travel credit card instead.
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent at restaurants and gas stations
- Earn 2 miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- First checked bag free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 4 travel companions on the same reservation
- Preferred boarding on American Airlines flights
- 25% savings on inflight food and beverage purchases on American Airlines flights when you use your card
- Earn a $125 American Airlines Flight Discount after you spend $20,000 or more in purchases during your cardmembership year and renew your card
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases
- No annual fee
Other Citi cards that earn American Airlines AAdvantage miles to consider:
- Citi’s American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp Mastercard
- Citi / AAdvantage Executive Card
- CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
*The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® is issued by CitiBank. Citi also offers great sign-up bonuses for its Checking/Savings accounts.