Vehicle owners list their cars on the site, and drivers can sort through the listings to rent a car of their choice. If you’re looking to make some extra cash, whether you’re a car owner or a driver, this HyreCar review will go through the whole process in detail.
HyreCar $75 Bonus
Get started with a 3-day rental and receive $75. Rent a qualified car for any rideshare or delivery service.
Car requirements depend on where you live, because different states have different rideshare and delivery vehicle rules. That said, most require cars that are no more than 10 years old, and has four doors and five seatbelts.
Listing your car is free, and the process only takes a few minutes. After signing up for an account, you’ll need to describe your vehicle and upload documents for verification, including:
- Clean photos of your vehicle exterior and interior
- Vehicle registration
- Car insurance
- Driver’s license
- 19-point inspection
- Uber/Lyft documents
HyreCar also provides additional insurance coverage for when your car is rented out:
- Premium. $500 owner deductible / HyreCar takes 25% commission.
- Standard. $2,500 owner deductible / HyreCar takes 20% commission.
- Basic. $3,000 owner deductible / HyreCar takes 15% commission.
According to HyreCar, most cars are listed for $35 per day, with a two-day minimum. Depending on the protection plan you choose, this is how much you can make on a two-day rental, starting at $70:
- Premium: $52.50
- Standard: $56.00
- Basic: $59.50
Payments are released when the rental has been picked up, and it takes about two to three days for the funds to hit your account.
HyreCar for Drivers
If you don’t own a car, don’t want to use your car, or if your car is temporarily out of service, HyreCar matches you with car owners, letting you rent vehicles to drive for rideshare companies and food delivery services.
Just like vehicle requirements, HyreCar driver requirements depend on the platform you’re driving for. The age requirement for Lyft and Uber are the same – at least 21 years of age. You must have had a valid, in-state driver’s license for at least a year (Uber requires three years of driving experience), with a clean driving record, a valid insurance policy and a smartphone.
Before renting from HyreCar, you need to pass a background check. It can take some time, but you only have to do it once. If you don’t pass the background check, HyreCar will refund the fee.
Rental pricing depends on several factors, such as whether the vehicle can drive UberSelect or UberXL, year of manufacture, gas mileage and more, as well as location. On average, you can expect to pay between $24 to $40 a day. For longer rental periods, you might be able to get a discount. However, if you drive beyond the mileage restrictions (usually 250 miles/day), you’ll have to pay an additional $0.25/mile.
HyreCar requires your full payment information before you can rent a vehicle. If you’re using a debit card, they’ll need a $200 security deposit. This amount will be refunded to you once you return the vehicle.
HyreCar features include:
- Big inventory. Select from thousands of cars of varying makes and models, giving you the option to drive for different Uber and Lyft levels. All listed vehicles have already passed inspection by Uber and Lyft.
- Flexibility. If you don’t like driving, or you want to take a break, you can easily get out of a rental agreement. So you’re only paying for the car when you need it, and you stop paying for it when you don’t. Rent a vehicle for as little as a couple days, without having to pay a return fee. HyreCar also lets you drive different vehicles each week until you find your favorite one.
- Insurance. HyreCar offers insurance coverage with every rental, so you’re covered in case of an accident while you’re on the job.
- Multiple platforms. Drive for multiple platforms before committing to one long-term.
- Customer service. If you have any questions, you can call the customer service line.
HyreCar makes vehicles available for drivers and gives car owners a way to earn income passively.
As a driver, having HyreCar as an option in case your vehicle goes out of commission is essential to getting back on the road and earning money to pay your bills. It’s also a good option if you’re just starting out in the gig economy, and you want to see if it’s a good side hustle for you before making a commitment.
For a similar platform, check out Gig Car Share. Created by AAA, Gig is now offering $15 to $25 welcome bonus and $15 to $25 referral credits.
Top Pages You May Like
Top/Trending Offers You May Like