OhmConnect is now offering $10 for new members who join using a referral link and connect their utility account. You’ll also get a $10 bonus for every person you refer to the energy-saving service. More referral promos here.
OhmConnect is a free service that rewards you for saving energy during peak hours. If you’re a California resident with PG&E, SCE or SDG&E service, or a Texas resident with Smart Meter Texas, you’re eligible to participate in OhmConnect.
Keep reading for more information on OhmConnect and its current offers.
OhmConnect Welcome Offer
UPDATE: This offer may have ended but is likely to return. Check the link!
Get a $10 bonus when you join OhmConnect using this referral link. Simply enter your zip code and email address, create a password, then click “Get Started For Free!” You’ll need to connect your utility account in order to qualify.
OhmConnect $10 Referral Bonuses
Get a $10 bonus for every person who creates an OhmConnect account using your referral link and links their utility account. Each of your referrals will also get a $10 bonus.
To participate, you must have an OhmConnect account. Click on “Invite Friends” on the bottom of your dashboard to get to the referral page. From there, you can share your referral link by:
- Copying and sending it via a personalized text message or email.
- Sharing it on Facebook Messenger.
- Posting it on Facebook, Facebook groups, Twitter or Craigslist.
How OhmConnect Works
OhmConnect helps you reduce electrical waste, save money and earn money all at once. How do they do it? Good question.
California energy companies – and Smart Meter Texas – are willing to pay you for reducing your energy during peak energy times. But these energy companies won’t make contracts with every single household to buy back energy. That’s where OhmConnect comes in, acting as the middleman.
OhmConnect’s algorithms monitor energy use minute by minute. When energy use reaches peak loads – and where less efficient power plants are in use – OhmConnect takes action. That includes:
- Alerting you during peak energy times, anywhere from five minutes to one day in advance. When you get the notice, intentionally reduce your energy consumption for approximately one hour. Like shutting off your lights, TV, dryer, dishwasher and more.
- Selling your reduced energy consumption back to the grid. The energy companies will then pay OhmConnect for the reduction.
- Passing 80% of the profit back to you in the form of points. Redeem your points for cash via PayPal or OhmConnect gift cards.
Earning OhmConnect Points
Earn OhmConnect points when you reduce your energy use from your baseline average. The baseline is calculated by averaging your energy consumption on 10 weekdays or 4 weekend days prior to the peak load period.
If you reduce your energy consumption below your baseline average, you earn points. Energy reductions more than 20% below baseline will get you double points. Energy reductions over 40% your baseline get you quadruple points.
Each OhmConnect point is worth $0.01.
You can also earn bonus OhmConnect points by:
- Connecting your smart home devices to OhmConnect: 300 to 500 points per device
- Consistently reducing your energy during peak hours (for at least 3 peak periods in a row): 25%+ points
- Moving up in status: Up to 5,000 points
Redeeming OhmConnect Points
Once you’ve earned 1,000 points – or $10 – you can cash out via PayPal. Another option is to buy $10 gift cards from the OhmConnect store which stocks a variety of home thermostats, smart plugs and other energy-reducing products.
If you live in California or Texas, and you’re with approved utility companies, it makes perfect sense to register with OhmConnect. The service helps you become more energy conscious, while both saving and making you money.
READ MORE: SEE THE BEST BANK BONUSES HERE AND THE BEST INVESTING BONUSES HERE.
Leave a Reply