Mr. Rebates is a one of the best cash back shopping portals, but is it the best for you?
In this review we’ll take a look at the pros and cons of using MrRebates as a shopping portal to earn cash back on your online purchases.
MrRebates Offers Many Cashback Opportunities
According to shoppers who use MrRebates, you can earn up to 30% cash back at many of their participating merchant websites. You’ll instantly recognize many of the brand names MrRebates partners with, like Best Buy and Amazon.
MrRebates also offers sign-up bonuses and generous “Store of the Week” and “Weekly Deals” that can add up to lots of cash back for online shoppers. MrRebates says their shopping portal works with over 3,000 online retailers, so you won’t have trouble finding an online store with products you already want to buy.
There’s also a lucrative Referral program with MrRebates: current members earn 20% of each of their referrals’ cash back, for life. This means that if you refer a friend to sign up for MrRebates, you’ll get a bonus equal to 20% of the cash back they earn every time they use MrRebates.
In addition to a cash sign-up bonus ($5, which is pretty standard for cash back shopping portals), MrRebates advertises that there’s no limit to the amount shoppers can earn through referral bonuses. This could mean a lucrative network marketing opportunity for some shoppers.
Lastly, MrRebates’ cash back rebates can “stack” with your credit card’s cash back benefits. This means that if MrRebates offers you 5% cash back at a certain merchant, and your credit card offers 6% cash back for online purchases, you could get 11% total cash back. They also provide coupon codes to save even more.
How Does MrRebates Work?
Like most cash back shopping portals, MrRebates earns a commission directly from the merchant websites they partner with. MrRebates earns this commission when you use their “affiliate link” to visit a shopping site like Amazon and make a purchase there. Then, they split this commission with you, in the form of cash back as a percentage of your purchase.
New shoppers with MrRebates will have to wait 90 days before they can access their earned cash back, so if you’re considering signing up, it’s probably best to look into it sooner rather than later. MrRebates has a minimum payment threshold of $10. This means you can only be paid by MrRebates after you’ve earned at least $10 in cash back.
MrRebates shoppers can choose to receive their cash back in the form of a check mailed to their physical address, or via PayPal. Payments are made monthly, and most reviewers report that requesting and receiving payment from MrRebates is simple and convenient.
Some products, for example gift cards, might not be eligible for MrRebates’ cash back program. This restriction is usually determined by the merchant themselves and outside the control of MrRebates.
MrRebates is a popular and viable option for shoppers who want to use an online portal to earn cash back on their online purchases. Personally, we prefer Rakuten and they were the ones that started it all in the online shopping cash back realm. The table below summarizes the MrRebates cash back shopping portal program, but be sure and check with MrRebates on their own website, and read any fine print in their agreements before jumping in. Happy shopping!
|Feature / Benefit||MrRebates Offers:|
|Average Percentage Cash Back on Purchases||About 20%, up to 30%|
|Approximate number of online stores partnered with MrRebates||3,500|
|Referral Bonuses||Yes, 20% of referred friends’ cash back for life|
|Minimum Payout Amount||$10 (and minimum 90 days from start date)|
See The Pages Below For All Top Cash Back Sites:
The updated list of all the best cash back shopping sites can be found here.
- TopCashback Promotions: $15 Sign-Up Bonus & $10 Per Referral
- Wirex (wirexapp.com) Promotions: Up To 1.5% Cryptoback & Give $10, Get $10 Referrals
- Tada Cashback Shopping Portal: Up To $20 In Welcome Bonuses
- Unbanked (formerly Ternio Blockcard) Crypto Promos: $10 Welcome Bonus & Give $10, Get $10 Referrals
- Slide (getslide.com) App Offers: $20 Bonus & Give $20, Get $20 Referral Program
- Use Mr. Rebates’ Shopping Portal For Cash Back? Give $5, Get 20% Referral Program.
- Dosh Cash Back Promotions: $1 Welcome Offer And $10 Referral Bonuses
- MyPoints Promotions: $10 Sign-Up Bonus And Up To 775 Points Per Referral
- Ibotta Cash Back Shopping Promotions: $10 Welcome Bonus, $10 Referral Offer
- SocialGood Crypto Back Promotions: $50 Welcome Bonus & Give $50, Get $50 Referrals
- Rakuten Cash Back Promotions: $40 Sign-Up Bonus & $40 Per Referral
- BYBE (bybeapp.com) Review: Cashback On Beer, Wine & Spirits
- RebatesMe.com Promotions: $30 Welcome Bonus & Give $5, Get $10 Referrals
- Hoopla (hoopladoopla.com) Shopping Portal Promotions: $10 Referral Bonuses
- StormX Crypto Cash Back Promotions: Up To $1,000 Welcome Bonus & Up To $1,000 For Every Referral
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$225 Cash||Review|
|Bank Of America Advantage Banking||$100 Bonus Offer||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|Huntington Bank||$500 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|Axos Business Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$150/$200 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,000||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|
|Voyager (code BH5F1A)||$25 In BTC||Review|
|Motley Fool||Stock Advisor Discount||Review|