This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The market is riddled with financial software that can help you with budgeting, saving money for your kid’s college and even living your dream retirement. So what makes MaxiFi Planner different? The app takes the guesswork out of financial planning, letting you build a lifetime financial road map to maintaining a stable living standard from now through retirement. Keep reading for everything you need to know about MaxiFi Planner.
MaxiFi Planner Features
MaxiFi Planner is basically a financial planner in web-based software form. The program has a simple, user-friendly interface for entering your information and gives you detailed yet easy-to-understand reports.
Like other personal finance apps, MaxiFi provides a holistic view of your finances to give you an accurate estimate of your savings. The software takes it a couple steps further and projects how your savings might look into retirement if you maintained the same standard of living throughout your life. With MaxiFi, you’ll be able to see what you can spend and withdraw in retirement. Here’s how it works:
- Create a base plan. Using your current financial information, MaxiFi will create a base financial plan for you. You can return to your base assumptions at any time and easily make changes to your information as needed.
- Analyze your base plan. MaxiFi calculates what you can spend over the course of your life, from this year onward. This spending power should be enough to provide you and your family a consistent living standard year after year.
- Maximize your base plan. MaxiFi analyzes your information using thousands of different scenarios to find the one that maximizes your annual living standard path from your current age to your maximum age of life. In comparison, most financial planning only focus on retirement, which you might not live to see.
- Track your optimized plan. MaxiFi provides on-going, real-time progress tracking. You can monitor your results from your desktop, tablet or smartphone, and you can export your detailed financial plan as a PDF or Excel file.
Your optimized financial plan offers advice – recommendations for small changes – that have the potential to add up to hundreds of thousands of extra dollars to your discretionary spending capacity. These suggestions might include:
- The best time to apply for your social security benefits.
- The most tax efficient retirement withdrawal start date.
- Whether or not to tap your Roth or non-Roth accounts first.
- The most beneficial time to withdraw tax free vs. taxable retirement accounts during retirement.
You can also manually explore how small changes might affect your spending capacity, such as switching jobs, moving to a lower-tax state, working longer, and etc.
MaxiFi Planner Pricing
MaxiFi Planner is available for individual investors and professional financial advisors:
|For individual investors||X||X|
|For professional financial advisors||X|
|1st year cost||$99||$139||$499|
|Annual cost at renewal||$79||$99||$379|
|Run unlimited reports||X||X||X|
|Monte Carlo risk analysis||X||X|
|Compares safe/risky strategies||X|
|Handles multiple clients||X|
|Customized report cover page||X|
MaxiFi Planner Limitations
Before signing up for MaxiFi Planner, keep the following in mind:
- MaxiFi does not connect to banks or other financial institutions. You’ll have to enter your spending and account balances manually.
- MaxiFi does not provide live customer service. If you need help, you’ll have to submit an email form.
MaxiFi Planner is straightforward and easy to use. The software takes on the role of a professional financial planner and offers a holistic view of your financial future. If you’re looking for answers to questions like when to start drawing social security or which retirement account to withdraw from and at what rate, then you should consider MaxiFi Planner.
Looking for a human financial planner instead? SmartAsset gathers your financial information and goals, then matches you with a local advisor who can help you.