SmartAsset (smartasset.com) makes it easier to find a financial planner by using an algorithm to match you with vetted professionals based on your financial profile. Plus, the service is completely free. Let’s learn more about SmartAsset down below.
How SmartAsset Matches You To Financial Planners
SmartAsset gathers your financial information and goals before matching you with a local advisor who can help you. Here’s how it works:
- Fill out a brief questionnaire. You’ll need to provide your financial details, investment goals and advisor preferences.
- Match with financial planners. SmartAsset’s algorithm matches you with up to three vetted professionals in your area who align with your criteria.
- Book an appointment. A member of SmartAsset’s concierge team will be in touch to assist and answer any questions you have.
There aren’t any eligibility requirements to use SmartAsset’s matching service. Anybody can submit the matching questionnaire, which requires the following information:
- Your full name and ZIP code
- Your phone number and email
- Your investment preferences
- Your retirement timeline and accounts
- Your income information, invest-able assets and monthly savings
- Your marital and parental status
SmartAsset Financial Planner Matching Features
This free tool is an easy and simple way to help you compare advisors and find one that fits your needs. Here’s what we like about the service:
- One form for multiple leads. Simply answer 20 questions about your financial situation and goals to get personalized matches.
- Vetted professionals. SmartAsset’s advisors are registered with the SEC or a state regulator. They also have no active disclosures in the past 10 years.
- Concierge service. A live SmartAsset team member is available if you need any help interviewing or selecting a financial advisor from your available matches.
- Easy to book. Once you’ve matched, SmartAsset makes it easy to book an appointment.
- Online access. Based on your preferences, you can find advisors local to you, or advisors you can work with remotely.
SmartAsset’s service matches you with professionals who have been checked out and who match your financial profile and preferences, which you describe in the detailed questionnaire you fill out when you sign up.