- Editor Rating
- Rated 4 stars
- Liberty Tax Review & Offers
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
Liberty Tax is now offering all their plans for the same low price, $44.95. You’ll also get an extra 15% off your purchase when you enter a coupon code at checkout. Plus, earn a $50 referral bonus for every person who uses your personal coupon when they file their taxes in person at a Liberty Tax office.
Liberty Tax has been in the tax prep business since 1997, with more than 4,000 brick-and-mortar locations. Like TurboTax and H&R Block, the company has a do-it-yourself online tax preparation software with the option for additional support from their tax experts, in person. For more on Liberty Tax and their current offers, keep reading.
Liberty Tax Online Promotions
Liberty Tax is offering a couple promotions for this tax season:
- All plans (Basic, Deluxe and Premium) are currently priced at $44.95.
- Use the coupon code OFFNOW15 to take an additional 15% off your purchase.
Please note that Deluxe and Premium will likely increase in price later in the tax season.
Liberty Tax In-Person Promotions
Liberty Tax has a Send-A-Friend program where you’ll get paid $50 per referral. Here’s how it works:
- File your return in a Liberty Tax office to receive free Send-A-Friend coupons.
- Share your coupons with your friends and family.
- Earn $50 for each new customer who files their tax return in a Liberty Tax office with your referral coupon.
Each of your referrals will also receive a $50 discount on their in-office tax prep fees. There are no limits to how many people you can invite nor how many referral bonuses you can earn.
Liberty Tax Features
One of the biggest draws to Liberty Tax is the ability to access in-person services at thousands of tax preparation locations all over the United States. You can start by purchasing the online tax preparation plan, then complete the process in-person if you reach a point where you need expert help.
With Liberty Tax Online, you’ll have the following tools at your disposal:
- A tax organizer to gather your information together and to be as accurate as possible.
- A tax calculator to get an estimate of your tax liability or refund.
- A mileage log and calculator to record your miles for business, charitable, medical or moving purposes.
- A W-4 withholdings calculator to easily crunch the numbers, so you know exactly how much withholding you should claim.
You’ll also have access to the following features (depending on what Liberty Tax Online plan you purchase):
- Free chat & email support
- Free tech support
- Access to a Liberty Tax professional via live chat, email, social media or in-person
- Prior year return access & competitor import
- W2 download
- Credit/refund maximizer
- Free tax return amendments
- Audit assistance
- Free double-check with a Liberty Tax professional
Liberty Tax offers the standard refund options, including direct deposit, paper check and a Netspend Liberty Tax Prepaid Mastercard. There’s also an option to get an advance loan on your tax refund, but we don’t recommend it. In general, these come with fees and are expensive.
Liberty Tax has a maximum refund guarantee. If you file identically with a competitor, and you get a larger federal return, Liberty Tax will refund your filing fees.
Liberty Tax Online Products & Pricing
Liberty Tax now has three online products, down from four that they offered last year. Here’s a brief comparison of the company’s Basic, Deluxe and Premium versions:
|Best For…||Simple tax situation (single or married with no dependents)||More complicated lifestyles (kids, investments, college, home ownership)||Those who have less common forms of income (freelancers, small business owners)|
|Forms Supported||1040, 8853||1040, 4562, 8829, 4136, 8839, 8853||1040, 4562, 8829, 4136, 4684, 4835, 8839, 8853|
|Schedules Supported||A, B||A, B, C||A, B, C, E, F, K-1|
If you’ve tried the more popular TurboTax and H&R Block, and you were unhappy with their services, give Liberty Tax a shot. You might prefer it to the other top tax preparation services. Those who don’t require a lot of hand-holding can DIY their tax return with Liberty Tax online. If you need any extra help, you can go into one of their offices to speak to a tax professional in person.
Liberty Tax is a good fit for anyone looking to file their taxes online quickly and efficiently. However, if you want to file your taxes for free, you’ll want to look elsewhere.
|OFFER LINK||OFFER||OUR REVIEW|
|Chase Business Complete Banking℠||$300 Cash||Review|
|Chase Total Checking®||$200 Cash||Review|
|Bank of America Checking||$100 Offer||Review|
|TD Bank Beyond Checking||$300 Cash||Review|
|TD Bank Convenience Checking℠||$150 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||$450 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Premier Checking||Up To $600||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||$200 Cash||Review|
|HSBC Advance Checking||Up To $240||Review|
|Aspiration Checking||$100 Cash||Review|
|Ally Invest||Up To $3,500||Review|
|Betterment||Up To 1 Year Free||Review|
|BlockFi||Up To $250 BTC||Review|