LendingClub was one of the OGs that started peer-to-peer lending, which acts as a matchmaker between borrowers and investors. The go-between lender was founded in 2007 and has facilitated more than $35 billion in loans.
While LendingClub screens potential borrowers and services the loans, the decision to lend falls squarely on their pool of investors. Behind the scenes, each borrower is assigned a grade based on credit and income data. Your grade then determines what interest rates you qualify for and helps investors decide whether or not to give your loan the green light.
Want to get in on this matchmaking? Before you say “I do,” make sure to read my in-depth analysis below for everything you need to know about LendingClub personal loans.
United Airlines 100k Miles Offer
*This offer is currently unavailable. Please check the link.
This offer lets you earn 1 United MileagePlus mile for every $2 you invest through LendingClub, up to 100,000 miles for taxable accounts.
How To Earn The Miles
- This offer is available only to new customers to LendingClub.
- This offer is available only for taxable accounts.
- New customers must deposit a minimum of $2,500 to qualify for this promotion.
- You must have a United Airlines MileagePlus account activated before investing in order to qualify. You can link your MileagePlus account when you register.
- The offer is limited to 100,000 miles ($200,000 max deposit).
LendingClub IRA $3,000 Bonus
*This offer is currently unavailable. Please check the link.
Earn up to $3,000 in cash for a no-fee IRA account with this offer from LendingClub. IRA fees are waived for the first year when you invest at least $5,000. The bonus amount is tiered as follows:
|Transfer Amount||Bonus Amount|
|$50,000 – $99,999||$1,500|
|$25,000 – $49,999||$750|
|$10,000 – $24,999||$300|
|$5,000 – $9,999||$150|
- It doesn’t hurt to ask. Applying online won’t affect your credit score because LendingClub uses a soft credit inquiry. However, before finalizing your loan, LendingClub will do a hard credit check, which can put a dent in your credit score. This last bit is standard for all lenders.
- No collateral needed. Great news if you don’t own a home, but still need access to larger sums of money at a low, fixed rate. Plus, it’s a lot quicker than traditional secured loans.
- Cosigners allowed. If you don’t think you can qualify for a competitive rate all on your own, LendingClub is one of the few providers that allows you to apply with a cosigner to give your application more weight.
- Fast and convenient. The whole process can be done at home, in front of your computer or on your mobile phone. According to LendingClub data, the funding time could be in as few as 3 days*.
- Flexible fund use. From consolidating your credit cards to going on vacation or even renovating your home.
- Competitive fixed rates. From consolidating your credit cards to going on vacation or even renovating your home.
- No prepayment penalties. There’s no penalty for partially or fully paying off your loan before the scheduled due date.
- Rebuild your credit. LendingClub reports your payments to major credit reporting bureaus, so you can rebuild your credit by making on-time payments.
- Late payment grace period. LendingClub gives you a 15 days after your monthly payment due date before charging 5% or $15 in late fees. To avoid this, make sure to schedule automatic payments from your bank account.
- Borrowing not available in all states. This isn’t a big disadvantage as it only affects one state – Iowa.
- Not a student loan alternative. Like most other personal loan providers, LendingClub does not allow use of funds towards college or graduate school.
- Origination fee. LendingClub charges anywhere from 1% to 6% of your loan amount, which is deducted from your funds before it reaches your bank account.
- Check processing fee. LendingClub charges a check processing fee of $7. You can avoid this by making online or mobile payments directly from your bank account.
To qualify you must have a minimum credit score of 600, a minimum credit history of 3 years, and a debt-to-income ratio of less than 40% for all single applicants, 35% for all joint applicants.
|Origination||1-6%||One-time fee charged when you receive your loan.|
|APR||10.68% to 35.89%||With no prepayment penalties.|
|Check Processing||$7||For each monthly payment made by check.|
|Late Payment||5% or $15||Once per each late payment, if your payment is more than 15 days late.|
|NSF/Returned Payment||$15||Per transaction.|
A LendingClub personal loan is a good option for borrowers with strong credit histories, who need up to $40,000 in funds, and can pay it all back in less than 5 years. The application process is fast and easy, with no collateral needed and cosigners welcomed. LendingClub’s fixed rates are competitive, and you can use your newly acquired funds for just about anything. There is no penalty if your monthly payment is late for up to 15 days or if you pay off your loan early.
Please keep in mind LendingClub’s origination fee of 1% to 6%, which is considered to be part of your loan. You have to pay this fee back to your investors even though the amount was deducted from your funds.
|Origination Fee (3.5%)||$350|
|Loan Term||48 months|
Lastly, sorry Iowans! LendingClub’s matchmaking service for borrowing is not available in your state.
Compare all the best personal loans here.
- OppLoans Review & $50 Referral Bonus Promotion
- Best Personal Loan Lenders For June 2022 – LightStream, SoFi Or Prosper?
- SoFi Review: $5,000 To $100,000 Personal Loans
- Happy Money (The Payoff Loan): Personal Loans For High-Interest Credit Card Debt
- FreedomPlus Review: Great For Debt Consolidation
- Earnin Promotions: $10 Welcome Bonus & Referrals
- Splash Financial Promotion: Get A $300 Bonus Offer
- Nexo (nexo.io) Promotions: $25 Bonus & Give $25, Get $25 Referral Program
- Credible.com Promotions: Give $200, Get $500 Student Loan Refinancing Offer
- SALT Lending Crypto-Backed Loans Promotions: $50 First-Loan Bonus & Give $50, Get $50 Referrals
- SeedFi Review: A Cheap Way To Borrow, Save and Build Credit
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing – $300 Offer, Low Rates, Flexible Terms
- LendKey Promotions: $200 Bonus For You And Your Referrals
- LendKey Student Loan Refinancing Review: Multiple Offers At Once
- Brigit Cash Advance Review: Get Up To $250 Instantly & Build Credit
All loans made by WebBank, Member FDIC. Your actual rate depends upon credit score, loan amount, loan term, and credit usage and history. The APR ranges from 6.95% to 35.89%. For example, you could receive a loan of $6,000 with an interest rate of 7.99% and a 5.00% origination fee of $300 for an APR of 11.51%. In this example, you will receive $5,700 and will make 36 monthly payments of $187.99. The total amount repayable will be $6,767.64. Your APR will be determined based on your credit at time of application. *The origination fee ranges from 1% to 6%; the average origination fee is 5.2% (as of 12/5/18 YTD).* There is no down payment and there is never a prepayment penalty. Closing of your loan is contingent upon your agreement of all the required agreements and disclosures on the www.lendingclub.com website. All loans via LendingClub have a minimum repayment term of 36 months or longer.
Top/Trending Offers You May Like
- Chase Business Checking $300 Bonus
- Bank Of America $100 Bonus Offer
- Chase Total Checking® $200 Bonus
- BMO Harris Up to $500 Bonus
- TD Beyond Checking $300 Bonus
- HSBC Premier Checking $500 Bonus
- Aspiration Checking $150/$200 Bonus
- J.P. Morgan Self-Directed Investing $625 Cash
- Ally Invest Up To $3,000 Bonus
- Axos $100/$200 Checking Bonuses
- TradeStation Cash & Crypto Offers